Download - 7.26 MB
OpenBrf (last ver: 1 Nov 2010)
A tool to edit resource files (BrF). Exports and imports everything, lots of features.
Note: To access most functions, right click on the object to be processed, in the object list on the left.
- import/export/previews everything in a BRF file: Skeletons, Animations, Meshes (including rigged and vertex animations), Collision objects all kinds.
- Directly edit Materials, Textures and Shaders.
- Backwards compatible with 0.808, and forward compatible with warband
- Previews and exports skeletal animations with customizable skins
Loading & saving:
- Loads and saves all contents of BRF files:
- Meshes (including vertex-animated & rigged)
- Collision objects (including spheres capsules manifold & faces...)
- Textures, Materials, Shaders
- Skeletons, Skeletal-animations.
- M&B ver 1.011 complaint.
- Back compatibility with M&B .808 BRF files (load only).
"Forward" compatibility with Warband BRF files (save/load).
- Meshes, Collision objects, Skeletons, Skel-animations, Texture, Material and Hit-boxes shown in 3D view (using, as appropriate, textures, wireframe, per-vertex color, animations, customizable skins, alpha channel, xrays -- for collision objects, etc)
- All attributes for all objects (e.g. flags, numbers and strings) are shown in the GUI.
navigation mode (WASD) for interiors; custom view orientation for helmets.
"side-to-side", "combined", "auto" modes for viewing multiple selections.
Importing & exporting
- Meshes exported/imported in: obj (including multi-material), ply, dxf (autocad), dae (collada), off. (not all formats allow to export vertex colors or normals. Normals are recomputed if missing).
- Rigged meshes, Skeletal-Animations: export/import as SMD (or maya .ma, experimental)
Skeletons: export/import as SMD -- also, export/import as a control (static) mesh
Vertex-animated meshes: export/import as MD3, or as separate frames,
Collision bodies: export/import as multiple-object obj (notes on usage: see this info)
Hit-boxes: save/load in/from data.xml file, or as turn into Collision Bodies (notes on usage: see this info)
- Direct editing of any attribute of any object (e.g. flags).
- Group edits: multiple-select objects to view or edit them all in one go (e.g. renaming a
- group will edit prefixes)
- Cut (ctrl+X), copy (ctrl+C) and paste (ctrl+V) objects to easily move them from a brf file to another.
- Remove, rename, duplicate, sort objects: move them up and down in the list. Group rename
- works also for groups of objects (you change, add, or remove common prefixes). Sort objects alphabetically (command under "Tools"). Etc.
- With [ctrl+R] you repeat last command!
- Undo/redo with [ctrl+Z], [ctrl+Y]
Want to contribute with a translation? See Web page!
Aug-26-2009 Ver 0.0.17
- added support for vertex-animations (compose them frame by frame, cut-copy-paste individual frames, export-import individual frames, including two options on how to assemble frames).
Sep-01-2009 Ver 0.0.18:
- bug fixes (most important about OBJ imports) and minor improvements.
Sep-03-2009 Ver 0.0.19:
- added "forward compatibility" with warband files (save/load)!
- added a mirror (flip) tool for meshes and collision.
- improvements on stability
Sep-05-2009 ver 0.0.20:
- added a bit of diagnostics. If you see blue-white patterns instead of your texture, see in "settings" menu.
Sep-07-2009 ver 0.0.21:
- added transfer rigging tool (to copy rigging from a mesh to another)
Sep-12-2009 ver 0.0.22:
- added a tool to scan the entire module for errors and inconsistencies.
Sep-14-2009 ver 0.0.23:
- added a search in module tool (in module menu).
- added a rescale-mesh option (in context menu -- right click)
Sep-16-2009 ver 0.0.24:
- (minor) now finds texture even if material fields wrongly include .dds extensions
- plus, added an option to autofixed dds files.
Sep-18-2009 ver 0.0.25:
- added rotation/translation tool (for meshes and collision objects)
- skeletal animation frames times now can be viewed and edited
- shearch ../texture dir too for out-of-module textures
Sep-22-2009 ver 0.0.26:
- Added "Shift animation" tool, to shift an animation timing forward/backward
- A little bit of polishing...
-- it now updates textures too on refresh command ("F5")
-- it displays size, format etc in texture "data" box
-- texture aspect ratio is now preserved in texture viewing
-- time of loading first brf of a large module strongly decreased
Oct-07-2009 ver 0.0.27b:
- Export/import support for multiple material/mesh OBJ
- Optional crease angles computation when recomputing normals
- Minor: collision-manifold import orientation bug fixed. Minor2: now cut and paste works with group of objects.
Oct-16-2009 ver 0.0.28:
- Added options in "Search in module" tool
- Custom viewing modes for helmets (puts them in vertical)
and scenes (like interiors -- uses wasd navigation)
- Dataset navigation (e.g. mesh-to-material or material-to-texture) now accessible with clickable links.
- Will now actually work if set as predefined appl for brf files (you must set it manually)
- Tips in status bar for practically all options and tools
- New "paste rigging" option (under "edit") to transfer the rigging
from (optionally multiple) exemplar meshes to (optionally multiple) target meshes
- Color per vertex bug fixed (used RGB instead of BRG)
Oct-18-2009 ver 0.0.29:
- Fixed ply format import/export for static meshes (should now import/export colors -- works with MeshLab)
Oct-19-2009 ver 0.0.30:
- Multiple import of almost everything (meshes, rigged meshes, mesh animation frames, materials, textures...)
- Import from another BRF (everything inside it) (but consider copy and pasting stuff from a BRF into another, instead)
- Patch: big fix of paste-rigging and (transfer rigging) method.
Oct-25-2009 ver 0.0.31:
- Doesn't choke-n-die anymore on finding an invalid or corrupt brf when scanning module.ini
(it just reports this in module error report when requested)
- Added "combine mesh" tool (combines multiple meshes into one -- also works with animated/rigged)
- Added a mesh tool to attach and rig a mesh to a single skeleton bone (useful e.g. for boots)
- Minors: "del" now deletes selection, multiple textures selectable, left-right arrows change tab, F3 ranames object.
Nov-06-2009 ver 0.0.32:
- Correctly imports ply meshes from blender (useful for meshes with vertex-per-color)
- Backfacing faces removal/addition (useful for beard meshes, fur, etc)
- Preliminary export/import of rigged-meshes/skeletons from Maya .ma files
- Minor interface upgrades (tab order, removal of redundant options)
- Minor bug fixes (rigging with >4 bones, stability...)
Nov-11-2009 ver 0.0.33:
- Added a view-mode to view many objects at once side to side (select multiple objects to make view mode available).
This is defaulted when selecting multiple materials.
- Added an option (under options) to autocenter and zoom objects according to all content of BRF file instead of current selection only.
Useful to compare absolute sizes.
- Added possibility to add/change name of multiple object starting with a common prefix (e.g. all xyz.LOD0, xyz.LOD1 ...).
Just make a multiple selection and "rename" (F2)
- Nice icon by Amade (thanks to swyter too!)
- Fixed: blender ply imports (maybe), false "not in module.ini" warnings...
- Minors (more readable numbers, search windows now remembers settings...)
Nov-20-2009 ver 0.0.34: (mini update)
- added options to discard rigging, color or vertex animations from a mesh (I needed it)
- minor fixes
Nov-23-2009 ver 0.0.35: (mini update)
- fixed a bug in vertex animation construction
- added an option to "paste modifications"
Jan-2-2010 ver 0.0.36: (mini update)
- more robust frame combination for making animations
- new frame combination mode for making "quiver" animations
- tool to sort objects in alphabetical order
- fixed a bug where it exported rigged meshes with the wrong skeleton
Mar-3-2010 ver 0.0.37 + 0.0.37b: (micro update)
- fixed bug occurring when >500 objects in a file
- added bulk export of meshes
Aug-6-2010 ver 0.0.38 + ver 0.0.38b:
- added import/export of vertex animations as MD3 files ("Quake" files)
Aug-7-2010 ver 0.0.39 + ver 0.0.39b:
- added an option to keep or ignore texture seams when recomputing mesh normals
- added capability to import load/save the latest WarBand BRF format (used by three files only in native)
- ameliorated quality loss of MD3 vertex animation export (due to position quantization, by rescaling them)
- better import of SMD rigged meshes (imports with warnings instead of crashing if too many bone connections)
Sept-17-2010 ver 0.0.40:
- fixed translations support [by Foxyman!]
- added Chinese translations [by Foxyman!]
Sept-18-2010 ver 0.0.41:
- added support for non ascii paths (e.g. with Chinese characters in them)
- "Find in Module" and "Scan for Errors" searches are much, much faster (after first time)
- new "Add to Clipboard" command (under "Edit") to cumulate objects in clipboard
- new "Copy Timings" options to transfer timings from an animation to another (vertex or skeletal alike)
- new an option to test new translation files (*.qm) from QT-Linguist (under Settings->Language)
- fixed bug where it would use wrong skeleton when exporting SMD vertex animation
Sept-19-2010 ver 0.0.42:
- added Spanish translation [by Swyter!]
- fixed a search window bug in last version ("no results")
- added a tool to auto-optimize Collision Objects from triangle-meshes to quad-dominant-meshes
Sept-20-2010 ver 0.0.43:
- added a command to quickly add backdrops for menus (under "import")
Sept-21-2010 ver 0.0.44: (mini update)
- added a command to merge several Body Collision meshes into one
- fixed the "click on BRF and openBRF opens it" error
Sept-24-2010 ver 0.0.45: [notes] (substantial Module-management update)
- scan the entire module .TXTs (some ten of them) to find out what is actually used in the module (both WB and M&B)
- added "used By" submenu , to navigate from an object (meshes, materials...) to any objects using it
(e.g. from a material to any mesh using it, etc). Find it by right clicking on any object.
- in the same submenu, you can see what TXT file, if any, is using that object (directly or indirectly)
- highlight objects (meshes, materials, ...) which are actually used by the module (F3, or look in Module menu)
(also if an object can be safety removed -- not used by other ob, is lightened)
- warning given when saving common-res files
- Module Menu revamp:
-- command to choose a Brf inside current module (including ones non included in module.ini)
(also shows how many used/unused objects they contain)
-- command to list unreferenced texture-files sitting on disk (e.g. DDS)
-- command to show module statistics
-- added .txt related errors to Error reported by "scan module for errors"
Sept-26-2010 ver 0.0.46:
- fixed item_kinds1.txt scanning for latest WarBand
- using alpha transparency during mesh rendering (according to used material flags)
-- (this can be disabled in Settings)
Sept-27-2010 ver 0.0.47: (micro update)
- added a command to change current module (under "Module" menu)
Sept-28-2010 ver 0.0.48: (micro update)
- added reflections in mesh preview for certain materials
Sept-29-2010 ver 0.0.49:
- added command to turn mesh (or mesh groups) in collision objects
- fixed a few bugs relative to the last updates
Oct-8-2010 ver 0.0.49b: (very minor update)
- fixed a few minor bugs (texture loss on language change, SMD import made more robust)
- updated chinese translation [by foxyman!]
Oct-8-2010 ver 0.0.49c: (very minor update)
- fixed a bug importing obj-s as static meshes
Oct-8-2010 ver 0.0.49d: (very minor update)
- fixed undue case-sensitivity in redundant texture files (dds) identification
- fixed usage of glove meshes (from items.txt)
- slightly improved error reporting (less errors in native)
- fixed "create new shader" dialog
- updated spanish translation [by swyter!]
Oct-21-2010 ver 0.0.50:
- more robust with older openGL versions (hopefully)
Just disable shaders by: [Settings] -> [On mesh rendering] -> [Always use default material]
- now autosaves mesh flags compatible with warband if you save in warband format.
- added an option to color a mesh with uniform color (per vertex)
- added German translation [by Vlejundo!]
Nov-01-2010 ver. 0.0.51
- improved "open module BRF" dialog (F7)
-- now reporting line number of each brf file (inside module.ini)
-- added "edit module.ini" option
- improved texture "data" box
-- added "origin" box (i.e. module texture folder, or common texture folder)
-- added a button to show the DDS file in file explorer
- new skeletal animation command
-- merge two animations
-- remove a time interval from an animation
-- extract an animation from another, given a time interval
- improved stability with opengl/glew
-- in attempt to solve the reported (rare?) compatibility issues