Download - 6.41 MB
High Quality Eyes
- by Xenius
This mod will replace all eye textures, of all races, of both genders (except the "Demon Eye" which is completely black).
The difference is huge, I tried them all in game, no problems detected, they all look amazing, believe me.
I have created the iris details in photoshop, using lots of altered and distorted pictures of flowers, many layers were blended together to get the final result. Hours and hours of work went into it.
I have used the original eye textures as base, so they all have pretty much the same color, though a bit
more intense and of course much more detailed.
The original textures were only 128x128 pixels, Mine are 2048x2048 pixels, I know this is a very high resolution for eye textures. But the problem is that the iris part of the texture is very small, on the 2048 texture the iris has only a diagonal of about 700 pixels, even had to scale down the source. I run the game on Ultra settings and with these eyes I did not notice any performance issues.
Textures have been scaled down to 1024 to improve performance, the difference in quality will be negligible.
Use 7zip or WinRar to extract the files.
Move the Data folder to your Skyrim folder.
You can find the Skyrim folder here: Steam/steam/apps/common/skyrim
To those who are new to using Elder Scrolls mods:
- You do not have to extract the .bsa archives. The folder provided by
this mod has the same structure as the inside of the .bsa archive, it will
override the textures that are included in the .bsa file.
- Do not worry about the Data folder that already exists, the folder provided
by this mod will be merged with the existing folder, it will not be overwritten.
Remove the following folder:
The following mods made by me are all compatible with each other:
No More Blocky Faces
High Quality Eyes
Better Beast Races
Weathered Warpaint and Improved Dirt
[17-11-11] 1.0 Release
[18-11-11] 1.1 Optimized Version
[18-11-11] 1.2 Fixed alpha channel issue
[22-11-11] Added optional darker & desaturated version
Thanks to Bethesda for creating Skyrim
- You may use the content for your own mods, permission from me is required.
- You may not redistribute this mod in any way or claim it as your own.
Permission will not be granted in the following cases:
- Usage of my content for a compilation
Please refrain from asking permission in these cases.
Negotiation is out of the question.
This is the only exception to the first part of the second rule. You are allowed to redistribute this mod on a foreign website, only on the following conditions:
- You will leave the original file structure intact
- You will include the original readme
- You will link back to the original file here at Nexus
- You will notify me and send me a link to the foreign page
- Most importantly: you will have to credit me as the original author