Download - 5.69 MB
This mod attempts to implement a stable GNR songlist extender. Three Dog's available songs have been expanded while retaining the original 20 song tracks in rotation.
Three Dog's dialogue bug, which occurs if you level past 20, has been fixed.
In addition, the song memory list has been increased to prevent tracks from repeating too often. The issue of Three Dog repeating old news about certain quests already completed by the player has been fixed.
[S] Standard Edition: Songs played until Three Dog begins speaking again has
been increased from 3 to 6.
[C] Classic Edition: Songs played remains at 3.
This mod does not include the mp3/wav files you need to extend GNR's song
library. Those will be user supplied.
1) Select one version of GNRFixedExtended.ESP from rar file
2) Place sound folder and selected ESP into folder ...\Fallout 3\Data
3) Extract WAV files from Sound.BSA* or download GNRFixedExtended[WAVPack]
4) Place audio files** in folder ...\Fallout 3\Data\Sound\Songs\Radio\GNR
5) Start game using FalloutLauncher or FOMM***
6) Place checkmark next to your selected GNRFixedExtended.ESP
*See Extracting Your WAV Files section below.
**See Preparing Your Audio Files section below.
***See Helpful Files section below.
1) Delete selected GNRFixedExtended.ESP from folder ...\Fallout 3\Data
2) Delete folder ...\Fallout 3\Sound\Songs\Radio\GNR
3) Delete file ...\Sound\Songs\Radio\Licensed\mus_generic_rhythmforyou_mono.wav
4) Delete file ...\Sound\Songs\Radio\Licensed\mus_generic_swingdoors_mono.wav
Extracting Your WAV Files
GNRFixedExtended needs 2 WAV files in order to function properly. There are 2
methods available to accomplish this. Extract the files from your Sound.BSA, or
download GNRFixedExtended[WAVPack] from Fallout3Nexus.
In order to extract the files yourself:
1) Get a BSA unpacker. (I recommend FOMM.*)
2) Unpack the file ...\Fallout 3\Data\Sound.BSA
3) Extract the file ...\Sound\Songs\Radio\Licensed\mus_generic_rhythm_mono.wav
4) Rename the file as mus_generic_rhythmforyou_mono.wav
5) Extract the file ...\Sound\Songs\Radio\Licensed\mus_generic_swing_mono.wav
6) Rename the file as mus_generic_swingdoors_mono.wav
7) Place renamed files in folder ...\Fallout 3\Data\Sound\Songs\Radio\Licensed
*See Helpful Files section below.
Preparing your audio files
GNRFixedExtended requires a certain number of audio tracks to function properly.
Please select the correct version to accomodate the number of MP3s you wish to
Prepare your audio files as described below. "x" denote optional steps.
1) Collect your MP3 tracks to be used.
2x) Set MP3 quality to CBR, 128kbps, stereo, 44kHz.*
3x) Set volume normalization. 93.5db will match GNR's original songs.**
4) Place stereo MP3s in folder ...\Data\Sound\Songs\Radio\GNR
5) Run "MP3 TrackX Namer.BAT". Please note that this step is irreversible. You
cannot undo this step. This will rename your MP3s in the correct format for
GNR. Only run the BAT file once you are sure you want to proceed.
6) Create mono MP3 files of your renamed tracks. CBR, 96kbps, mono, 44kHz.*
7) Create WAV files of your renamed tracks. 176kbps, 16bit, 11kHz, mono.*
8) Place "Mono Extension Adder.bat" in same folder as mono MP3 and WAV folder.
Make sure this folder does not include your stereo MP3 files.
9) Run "Mono Extension Adder.bat". If you need to undo this step, please run
"Mono Extension Remover.bat".
10) Place mono MP3 and mono WAV files in folder ...\Data\Sound\Songs\Radio\GNR
11x)Check to make sure you have 3 files for each track you wish to play.
For example: Track01.mp3 | Track01_mono.mp3 | Track01_mono.wav
12x)It is recommended that you delete the three BAT files which were included
with this file, in order to prevent accidental usage.
*See Bitrate Information section below.
**MP3Gain can accomplish this. See Helpful Files section below.
The following MP3 and WAV formats have been tested without any issues. The
lower quality formats can be used it order to save disk space. The default audio
files formats of Galaxy News Radio are listed as well. Please note that using
MP3s of varying bitrates may cause songs to repeat sections before ending.
-Default MP3: 192kbps, Stereo; 96kbps, Mono
-Default WAV: 16bit, 22kHz, Mono (356kbps)
-Tested MP3: 64kbps, 96kbps, 128kbps, 160kbps, 192kbps, 320kbps
-Tested WAV: 11kHz (176kbps), 22kHz (356kbps), 44kHz (705kbps) [All 16bit mono]
-The combination of 96kbps mono MP3, 128kbps stereo MP3, and 176kbps mono WAV
MP3 bitrates can be set and WAV files can be created and set using many free
bitrate converters available online, Switch Sound File Converter can be used for
this purpose. See Helpful Files section below.
Suggested audio configuration
If FFDShow audio filter is installed, set Fallout.exe to "Don't use ffdshow in."
If AC3Filter is installed, set to "Use DirectSound by default" under system tab.
If MADFilter.ax is installed, remove it from registry.
Has been tested with K-Lite Codec with no issues.
Has been tested with Windows XP default codec with no issues.
1.0 - Initial release.
2.0 - Released [S], [C], [M] Editions.
News story fixes about Canterbury Commons, Grayditch, Tenpenny Towers,
Oasis, and the Outcasts.
Included track naming BAT files.
This file is incompatible with any mod that changes the entries for Galaxy News
Radio's songs list. This is compatible with GNR music replacers.*
*Replacers must also rename the 2 replacement WAV files as shown in this ReadMe.
The files "mus_generic_swing_mono.wav" and "mus_generic_rhythm_mono.wav" are no
longer recognized as valid files for their stereo mp3 counterparts. Suspect
files were extracted from Sound.bsa and renamed, resolving the issue.
Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM): timeslip.chorrol.com/fomm.html
K-Lite Codec: www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
Switch Sound File Converter: www.nch.com.au/switch/mp3.html
If you would like to use this mod in your own, please contact me first. I am
always happy to allow use, but I do like to be notified of it. Contact
information is found below, thank you for your understanding.
GNRFixedExtended[M] - OldManMose76 has permission to use and repackage.
PimpBot420 on Fallout3Nexus