Login to Download - 88.71 MB
Mike Hancho aka Balok
Have you ever thought how disappointing it was that the Bison Steve Hotel was just left to crumble into the annals of history? Ever thought that it would be a cool location to rebuild? Well, that's exactly what this mod does one step at a time!
But it doesn't stop there! Not only is The New Bison Steve Hotel & Lucky Casino quest a complete makeover of The Bison Steve Hotel, it also includes "Buck's Place", a beautiful, high-tec player home with all the cool features we have grown to love.
Bucks Place also comes with it's own special "Bucks" Bobblehead's placed all throughout the Mojave for you to hunt for, a very large display room that is perfect for mannequins and displaying your unique weapons and collectibles. You even get your own personal vendor who can also repair your gear for a price and sell you stuff.
Download with confidence! This mod was meticulously error checked and thoroughly cleaned with FNVEdit!!!
To start the quest go to the Vikki and Vance Casino and ask Johnson Nash about The Bison Steve Hotel. Or, simply find "Steve" who is the grandson of "Old Laurie" that Johnson Nash talks about, and is holed up in the Vikki and Vance with the other townsfolk. They'll be glad to get you on your way.
During your adventure you'll restore law and order to a town and help an uninspired artist regain his mojo as you battle Fiends, Ghouls and escaped convicts. You'll even get to trade wits with a cantankerous old bastard along the way. You'll learn about Texas "Buck" Brunson, the Mojave's greatest high stakes poker player, and get a little help from his niece "Anna" along the way. You even get to use his beautiful house and display room if you wish to. All in all I feel it's a pretty fun quest and story!
Each phase of construction will require you to procure the materials and supplies needed to complete that part of the project. You'll have to acquire items ranging from lighting fixtures for the casino, booths for the Steak House, general supplies such as booze, food and even The Lucky Casino's custom casino gear! There are over 30 pieces of custom artwork as well.
See the results of your effort unfold as each stage of construction comes to life before your eyes with each new item you secure and quest stage you complete. (Don't forget to pop into the place and track your progress each time!)
Please leave a comment and endorsement if you like the mod. All feedback given is greatly appreciated. This page will continue to develop as we move forward.
- I feel it has fully fleshed out dialog that's rich and immersive with lots of backstory on the characters. I hope it make players smile and even laugh from time to time. Unfortunately at the moment it's not voiced, but I hope to eventually do voice files, but that will be down the road.
- 3 marked quests or "Acts" broken down into roughly 10 distinct segments should easily add an hour or two if you don't rush through it. If you are a methodical player like I am, it can take 3 or 4 or even more hours to complete. Take your time and enjoy the journey!
- The quest is designed to follow right along with the beginning of the game and has two vanilla quests woven into the story!
- You get to see the fruit of your labor unfold as the hotel and casino come to life with each completed stage of the rebuild!
- Upon completion of the hotel, you will be rewarded with your own replenishing safe which gives you your share of the profit on a leveled weekly basis!
- Unique Weapon: "Drawing Dead" - Fallout 3 Perforator model scoped & silenced semi-automatic using 5.56 ammo. (Similar stats to All American)
- Unique Weapon: "Slow Roll" - Fallout 3 Combat Shotgun (Similar stats to Riot Shotgun)
- Unique Weapon: "Bad Beat" - 10mm SMG (Slightly better health and Damage to standard 10mm SMG)
- Unique Combat Armor: "Sin City" - Black Combat Armor with Ranger Battle Armor Perk & moves like light armor.
- Very high winnings limit for the high roller!
- Neat comps for big winners including rare armor & weapons!
- Custom "Lucky Casino" Blackjack felt and poker chips!
- Over 30 pieces of beautiful lore friendly custom artwork!
- Casino has switch activated sound system playing New Vegas Radio.
- ALL areas are FULLY Navmeshed and follower friendly!
- Fully populated and really comes to life when all the dealers and gamblers arrive!
- Private quarters with lots of storage, well rested bed, infirmary, laboratory, workbench, reloading bench and crafting stove. Basically has everything you need!
- Meticulously laid out spaces with enormous attention to the smallest of details (in my opinion that is!)
- Casino guards patrol the outside area of the hotel.
- More storage options than you'll ever need!
- Cleaned up the area around the casino in Primm a bit.
BUCK'S PLACE FEATURES
- Fully automated sorting system sorts you gear in just a couple of clicks!
- No annoying displays when items are stored!
- Does not repair your gear when sorting!
- Tons of extra storage!
- All workbenches and crafting station included!
- Come's with your own personal vendor "Anna" who can repair your gear to 100% (But she ain't cheap!)
- HUGE display room, (perfect for using the Mannequin mod) has plenty of stands to display your spoils of war!
- Can fast travel from inside. (I know it's a cheat, so sue me, lol.)
- ALL areas are FULLY Navmeshed and follower friendly!
- Plenty of room for followers and there are tons of idles for them to tinker with when they sandbox!
All new users should download the Version 1_3 FULL zip file and the optional Voice files if you want voiced dialog and follow the instructions below.NOTE: If you have any previous version up and running and are updating to Version 1_3, you only need to download and extract the Version 1_3 PATCH to your Fallout New VegasData folder. Just overwrite the existing file with the new one. (Again, you will need to download the Voice Files pack if you want to have voiced dialog.)VOICE FILES INSTALLATION: Install the voice files exactly as any other mod. Just extract the zip file, and copy The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm file AND the Sound folder over into your Data directory and overwrite your existing esm file.GENERAL INSTALLATION: Download file to directory of choice. Extract directly to Data folder, or unzip in the directory of your choice, examine the structure and copy the files over to the Data folder that you need. You will need The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp as well as the meshesBucks & texturesBucks in the zip, as well as the Sound folder if you want to use the optional voice files.(I personally like to unzip my stuff to the folder I store all my downloaded mods to, extract it there, and simply paste what I need after I see how it is packed.)Check the plugin in Data options or Fallout Mod Manager and away you go! (FOMM not required but recommended.)IMPORTANT FOR BUCK'S PLACE ORIGINAL VERSION USERS: If you are upgrading from the original Buck's Place and Lucky Casino version, you CANNOT run both plugins at the same time. You will need to go into the original Buck's Place home, collect all your gear and go outside and make a NEW save. Quit the game, uncheck the Buck's Place.esp file and check The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp plugin. Relaunch the game and it will tell you that the save relies on content no longer available. Just tell it yes and continue on loading the game. Once loaded, just head back inside and use the sorters to quickly and easily store your gear.
Once again: Download with confidence! This mod was meticulously error checked and thoroughly cleaned with FNVEdit!!!
Post 'em if you got 'em!
UPDATE - 3-6-11: VERSION 1_3 - Voice files, Bobblehead update and automated sorters for Private Quarters in Hotel added!
- VOICE FILES ADDED! - I finally finished up all the recording and got all the lip files synced up for both male NPC's Steve and Nevada Slim. I made the voice files a separate download from the Full package so players are not forced into a huge download if they don't want it. (See installation instructions.)
- NOTE: I'm still looking for a female voice actor for Anna, so if you're interested, please PM me or reply in the comments thread. :)
- Added computer sorters for the Private Quarters in the Hotel. Will sort weapons, armor, clothing, clutter, chems, collectables, food and drink, reloading parts, workbench parts, and ammo. (Basically everything!)
- Created all new quest and scripts for Buck's Bobbleheads for better compatibility with other Bobblehead mods such as the popular Bobblehunt mod. Buck's Bobbleheads should not activate any other Bobblehead stand, and no other Bobbleheads should activate Buck's Bobblehead stand.
UPDATE - 3-04-11: VERSION 1_2
- Quest objective's updated to instruct players to "return to Steve" with your quest items after obtaining them.
UPDATES/CHANGELOGUPDATE - 2-22-11: VERSION 1_1
- Fixed broken dialog options after completion of Classic Inspiration quest as it ties into the Grand Opening quest. (Incorrect conditions were causing players to get stuck and be unable to complete quest.) Please let me know if you have any more bugs.
- Fixed dialog conditions for Nevada Slim. (It was possible to go through his dialog multiple times, thereby causing a bug in the quest.)
- Set up all 3 grills to disable when player picks up quest item. (Originally, there was only one grill you could actually pick up, but there were 3 sitting there. Players thought they had to pick up all 3.)
- Fixed a couple of minor typo's.
- Added in a couple more lines of dialog for clarity.
- Minor adjustments to Pipboy Icons for quest items.
There are a few folks I would like to express my sincere thanks to. Your advice, help and willingness to share makes each of you a valuable credit to this community!
This mod would not have been possible in its current form without the help of the following people.
Sputnik421: Thanks for the bannister models for Buck's Place
thejanotor: Thank you for permission to use your chip stack model
AllanOcelot: Thank you for your Cabinet modders resource.
davidallen, bigcrazewolf & JOG: Thanks for helping me get her all cleaned up in FNVEdit
JOG: Thank you for your help with my casino limit and comps dilemma
Asylumer: Thanks for the script for my profit sharing safe
CevSteel: Thanks for the tips on working with vanilla references
Showler: Thanks for helping me get a better understanding of quest conditions
Miaximus: Thanks for your awesome tutorials for FNVEdit & Gimp
ZbobG & CevSteel: Thank you for your help with artwork issues
Everyone else: I really hate naming names because I don't want to leave anyone out. So, if I didn't name you above, I personally thank you here!
Bethesda & Obsidian: Thanks for making a great game and allowing us end users to tinker around in your playground!
The Nexus and Bethesda Forums and members.
Final thanks to everyone who downloads this mod and thanks to those who comment or endorse my little project!
Any of my original work may be freely used under the condition that you leave me a comment with a link to your work. I'd love to see some of my art in other settings!
Balok, aka Mike Hancho