Download - 6.04 MB
TURN OFF GOD MODE (TGM), if you constantly hear noise and the bike moves utterly slow when pressing W,A,S,D keys. (or check "Known Issues" for an alternative solution)
u>YOU CAN DECREASE THE MAXIMAL SPEED VIA THE MOTORCYCLE MENU, if you sometimes CRASH TO DESKTOP WHEN YOU DRIVE FAST; this is due to a ridiculous Fallout-game-engine behavior if landscape data is NOT LOADED IN TIME. (it depends on the operating speed of your machine)
- tilt animation while turning
- companion riding and double riding
- turret with elevation-angle tracking (original one in FO3 only with horizontally tracking)
- new realistic turning model, using the equation F=m.V^2/R (the faster you drive the harder you turn)
- Motorcycle caller, teleporting your bike anywhere anytime
- Motorcycle storage
- fixing 1st-person animation bug
- optimized controllability
KNOWN ISSUES for V0.41(read this before you play)
Well, this is a complex mod, and lots of things may happen. Read this before play to save our time.
- If your machine is not fast enough (so does mem not large enough), this mod will INCREASE crash possibility since you move fast with this motorcycle, and if game engine loads landscape data not fast enough, crash.. (really marvelous game-engine reaction to this event)
(In V0.4, you can change maximal speed via the motorcycle menu. Hope this can alleviate this issue.)
- TGM will mess up the motorcycle normal movement scheme, and however, it works with the experimental movement scheme ('=' key).
- If you leave the game with the motorcycle mounted, the control key mapping may be overrided by this mod, and you may need to reset your key control setting.
- Ride pose resets sometimes(this also happen in original FO3 work) since this mod just compete against the game engine for the animation control..
This is also the reason why you need to enter TFC mode when making poses
- The initialization of ride companions take a few seconds when you loading a savegame, and it works properly after the quest initialization message shows up
- Collision issue of double-ride actor
- Mounted weapon clipping (this also happen in original FO3 work, allevilating in this work by roughly predicting future location of the weapons)
- In my case, Minigun decreases FPS alot but other three mounted weapons do not..I don't know why, maybe FO3 nif file is the cause...
**MOD DEPENDENCE: NVSE only
Suggestion: unzip the file and use FOMM to directly install the fomod package.
Or: extracting all the content to data folder...
Mini Tutorial, HOW to obatin your first motorcycle and ride with your companions for a pleasurable journey
- (from V0.42) just wait a few seconds for the motorcycle quest initialization, then the "Motorcycle caller" will add to your inventory automatically. Using it to get your first motorcycle, and it can teleport the bike to you later. Also, all the upgrade kits and tokens are already in the motorcycle storage, just enjoying it.
NOTE: if you experience a crash while driving fast, it means your machine are not fast enought to load the landscape data in time, and all you need is to decrease the max speed via the motorcycle menu.
- Give "Ride Companion Token" to your partners who you want to ride with
- Give "Double-Carry Token" to one of your partners who you want to double ride with (WARNING, this causes collision issue, and it works best with experimental movement scheme ('=' key).
- 4 types of weapon can be attached on the bike (you just need two of VANILLA miniguns, gating lasers, flamers, or missile lanuchers), and you need to grab them by yourself since they are NOT specified to the motorcycle.
WARNING: Since they are additional attachements, the resource used is TRIPLED (you and two attached weapons). Reminder the FalloutNV constantly crashes after certain amount of resources are loaded (the used mem size on my machine is always growing..); using these attachements is on YOUR OWN RISK of rapid crash. (also the attached weapons cannot move synchronizely with the bike)
- Drive carefully; if you hit someone (not a teammate), they then get hurt and turn hostile against you. The hit event is detected by the game engine, but sometimes it is weird especially in high speed driving, so keep citizen away if you want your good reputation.
How to use the motorcycle
1. You need to be holstered and in run state to ride the motorcycle
2. press e to mount/dismount the motorcycle
3. DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Drive with WASD or whatever you have chosen as up/down/left/right.
- Use Jump (Space) for turbo boost if you install the LEAKING GAS TANK.
- Use Use-key (E) to get out.
- Z for toggle light if any.
- H for toggle free camera / steer with mouse.
- = for experimetal movement scheme (this make you movable in TFC, typing tfik for best performance with this scheme)
- arrow keys for moving the camera in TFC mode.
- Fire weapons with left mouse button if any.
- Turn weapons with right mouse button if any.
For more detail information you can refer the original FO3 mod page (or see the motorcycle note in game)
- VeliV for his awesome J3Xified Drivable Motorcycle (open license)- AndyW for the script and nif resource in HoverChair mod (open license)- PaladinV0ci for his excellent demostration video and the misfortune of Easy Pete.- AP127 for the extensive testing of V0.2, making this mod mature.Credits for FO3 J3Xified Driable Motorcycle- Credits to VeliV for creating his "Drivable motorcycle BETA" mod. He's the mastermind behind this mod.- Credits to Backsteppo for creating a much better driving animation. (although I've recreated all the animations)- Credits to Odin_ml for his awesome minigun!- Credits to Drag0ntamer for his awesome motorcycle textures!- Credits to Rolandb for his motorcycle pipboy icon.- Skykappa for a lots of scripting tips and solutions!- Everyone that have send me(J3X) sounds!
FNV Advanced J3XMotorcycle RELEASE LOG
2011/03/06 - V0.42. Nothing new but removing all content (easy pete old man and the crate) from GoodSprings for some peopel have the crash. Also fix a tiny bug of calculating the z-axis of companion's mounted weapons.
2011/03/04 - V0.41. Nothing new but a NVSE detector on the motorcycle caller to warn you if NVSE is running correctly.
2011/03/02 - V0.4.
- make maximal speed and speed blur configurable via motorcycle menu.
- fix leaking motorcycle gas tank upgrade
- fix too fast angular speed in low speed
- move the victim "Easy Pete Is Easy" into the Prospector Saloon of GoodSprings. hope this avoids the crash for 10% of people.
- put motorcycle caller into a crate near the jukebox in the saloon.
2011/03/01 - V0.3. some misspelling correction, mature enough, branch out from mod collection page.
2011/02/27 - V0.2. bug fixed, optimize the controllability, and add the bike to Mojave world
2011/02/24 - initial version V0.1 in my unmature mod collection page.
2011/02/20 - project reactivaing, giving up the attempt of making collision detection in experimental movement scheme.
2011/01/15 - project suspended since customized collision detection is hard to be bug free
2010/12/27 - project started