UFO Alien Invasion 2.3 released
I previously played many of the UFO games on my old 486 DX 100. UFO Apocalypse was the most fun in my opinion.
For those that aren't aware, a new UFO game has been in development over the past two years. The team who are involved have dedicated an enormous amount of their time to make a fantastic game.
What makes it even better is that the game is totally free!
In my opinion this has been the best UFO game to be released. I've played extraterrestrials and found it very boring and slow paced.
If you have not played this title then I suggest you head on over to the site to download it. Its only 500 MB, and has countless hours of gameplay. What have you got to lose?
The UFO:AI development team is proud to announce the release of UFO: Alien Invasion Version 2.3. Two years in the making, this version features loads of new content, a dramatically improved rendering engine and extensive improvements to nearly every aspect of the game's campaign and battle systems.
A few highlights of what's new in version 2.3
* Complete overhaul of the campaign system, so that alien activity changes depending on the player's actions
* New capabilities for the rendering engine, including bumpmapping, specular lighting, glowmapping, flare support, texture blending and more
* A new tactical overhead map
* Alien bases have been added and the player can mount an assault on them
* Support for crashed UFO missions
* Overhauls of the map editor
* Loads of new maps and new tiles for existing maps that are randomly generated
* New weapons
* New music and sound effects
* And loads of behind-the-scenes optimizations and tweaks for everything from the pathfinding to the user interface
Read the full Changelog for 2.3 here: Changelog
- Posts: 1054
- Location: England
- Uploads: 17
- Kudos: 18
- Motherboard: Gigabyte EP41
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
- GPU: Nvidia 9800 GTX PCI
- RAM: 2048 RAM DDR 2