How to play Settlers IV Online
Well, the answer is easy, GameRanger. GameRanger is a tiny program where you can play over 50 games online with, which contains Settlers IV.
How do I get GameRanger?
Easy, just go to http://www.gameranger.com/ and click on the "Download GameRanger" button.
Just follow the easy steps and create an account. ( You'll need an email vertification! )
Hosting/Searching a game.
You can Host a game by clicking on "Host", select the game, create an description, rules and start the game if you're ready. After you've done that, the game will start and the first screen that will appear is a Single Player menu. Return to the menu and click on "Multiplayer", then "Create" and choose all your settings. Once you did that other people can find ur game and easily and you can start the normal way you do against AI.
If you wish to join a game instead of hosting it, you can just scroll through the game menu in GameRanger and find yourself an Settlers 4 room. Just join and wait till the host starts. When the game pops up, click on return, go to Multiplayer and GameRanger will do the rest.
Alot of people have found the desync problem and ofcourse, it is very irritating! There are a few things to avoid this problem as much as possible:
- Do not create Marketplace.
- Do not create Shipyard or Harbor.
- Don't make boats. ( Even when you can't make a Shipyard... So no maps with boats! )
- Add as few AI as possible! ( 1 or 2 AI may not be a huge problem, but more can make a huge difference! )
- SAVE FREQUENTLY! You should save the game frequently in case it DOES occur. However, if the DESYNC problem pops up already, DO NOT save, it'll lose the game file! ( If it does occur, you just have to be lucky you saved as soon as possible before the problem occured. )
I hope you guys may be able to play this game a little more, and if you're fed up against the AI, this is the answer.
Let us keep Settlers IV alive, and give it his attention it really deserves.
- Posts: 77
- Location: The Netherlands
- Kudos: 9