Login to Download - 384.00 MB
Song of Taliesin is set in sixth century Northern Britain, featuring wars of Britons, Anglo-Saxons, Picts and Dal Riadan Scots.
This mod seeks to replicate the brutality, danger, and general atmosphere of the Dark Ages, an early period of Medieval. We are trying to make as historicaly accurate, as we can, to make an excellent springboard from many mods, which are not always accurate. Note that a lot of stuff in this period is strongly hypothetical - text sources tend to be very scant for these times. However archeology give us a lot of information, so it's our main source telling us, what happened after Romans withdrew from Britain. Let me present you all features of this mod!
* New Map: A new strategical map of Northern Britain, stretching from Skye and the Caledonian canal to the Humber in the south.
* New Weapons: Dozens of melee and ranged weapons have been added.
* New Clothing & Armour: Many new outfits, armors, shoes, hats and helmets have been added to bring you back to the dark ages.
* New Factions: Four civilizations (Dal Riada, Gododdin, Rheged, Alcluyd, Fortriu, Bernicia and Ui Neill) and a lot of bandits to fight with.
* New Troop Trees: Varied troop trees designed to highlight each faction's strengths and weaknesses.
* New Sounds: Included More metal sound mod and added several new sounds..
* New UI: Featuring new decorated buttons and excellent menu pictures by Morcant and Markus II.
* Random Events: Which made the mod more interesting and challenging.
* New Quests: Not much currently, but you can spot some new quests at villages, one from Guild Masters and one from a bard Aethelfrith.
* New Map Icons: Replaced the Native towns, castles & villages icons
* New Character Customization: Including new faces and warpaints.
* New Character Creation: Including faction allegiance and faction-specific starting troops.
* New Characters: Historical characters lead the armies of each civilization, and fictional companions can join your army.
* Bribing Bandits: For those of you who don't want to travel all the map to recruit people in villages.
* New Map Textures: Moorlands!
* New Mercenaries Dozens of new mercenaries waiting for your commands!
* Lots of javelins in battles: Which made the battles more interesting and difficult.
* New Music: Perfectly creating atmosphere of Dark Ages.
* New Combat Abilities: A lot of new combat abilities, including formations, warcries, shield bash, whistling for a horse, taunting enemies, toggling javelin/spear, turning on/off fog etc.
* New Events: Just two for the beginning of game (after appearing on map).
* An easter-egg for Polish players: If you are not Polish, please don't buy books from booksellers in taverns! :D
* New options in taverns: You can now sell the slaves to tavernkeeper and buy drinks for your men.
* Day/Night Cycle: Special sound effects when the time of day is changing
* Building Watchowers: You can now build watchtowers on the map and send patrols.
* A bard Aethelfrith in Din Guardi: He is telling poems and riddles plus playing some traditional music.
* Quotes: Quotes from the period, replacing the vanilla hints.
* New Voice Acting: Voice acting for player commands at battle plus townfolk.