Login to Download - 43.89 MB
Rogue Hallow Media
01.20.11: Please do not use the "RH_IronSights Broken Steel" plugin file, as it currently has a bug. A fix is coming soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!
12.08.10: A patch for the broken Firelance model has been uploaded to the Main file section. Install the patch to your Data folder and overwrite when asked. Please give feedback on this patch and let me know if it resolves all the issues with the Firelance. Thanks!
11.06.10: RH_IronSights v0.9A is now available for download! Please give feedback, comments, and constructive criticism, and be sure to point out any bugs. As soon as all of the kinks are worked out, I'll release v0.9B, as well as updated patches, plugins, and the long-awaited EVE bridge. Enjoy!
* If you are having problems with RH_IronSights, please read the Notes and News section, as it may offer some important tips. If you ask me how to uninstall the mod, I will just direct you to the Readme (found in your Data/Readmes folder). And if you didn't back up your animations before installing, there is a Backup Vanilla Animation package available in the Optional file section.
* RH_IronSights requires both ArchiveInvalidation! Invalidated and FOSE! I'm not kidding!
* Are your characters shooting at their feet or into the air? You probably have Fallout 3 Re-Animated installed. Try the FO3 Patch, in the Optional files section.
* Changing your screen resolution will NOT have any impact on what weapons are centered!
* RH_IronSights may not have full functionality when used with a gamepad. If you know how to detect gamepad input using Bethesda script, please contact me!
* I don't check the Conversations tab very often. The fastest way to communicate with me is by posting a Comment or sending me a PM - I check those every day.
* If you leave a "Won't Endorse" vote on this mod without contacting me about the problem or at least reading the Readme first, you are a cosmic a-hole and an angry kitten will poo on your doorstep. Fair warning.
* Thanks to everyone who has endorsed RH_IronSights, and thanks to everyone who voted it File of the Month in November '09!
ROGUE HALLOW'S IRON SIGHTSv0.9Amod first published 06.08.2009current version published 11.06.10by Rogue Hallow
TABLE OF CONTENTS0. Preface and Title1. Mod Overview2. Install / Uninstall3. Helpful Links4. FAQ5. Notes & News6. Credits7. Legal
MOD OVERVIEWRH_IronSights is a comprehensive model, texture, and animation replacement package meant to "unlock" iron sights aiming in Fallout 3.Being able to look directly down the sights of a gun in-game is very immersive. Unfortunately, though Bethesda put the framework for an iron sights system in place, it wasn't included in the final game. So Fallout 3 players miss out on this traditional FPS gameplay mechanic.The aim of RH_IronSights (forgive the pun) is to adjust the .nif model of every vanilla weapon and the .kf file of every animation necessary to allow true, perfectly centered iron sights.
This is a difficult process, and the result causes a few conflicts. It is recommended that you have at least an average degree of modeling and game modding experience if you want to run RH_IronSights alongside other major weapon mods.
1. Merge the Data folder, found in the mod's main download package, with the Data folder in your .../[Your directory]/Fallout 3 or .../[Your directory]/fallout 3 goty directories.
2. Select Yes if asked to merge or overwrite any files.
3. In Fallout Mod Manager, check the RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm file. Also check any of the .esp plugin files that you would like to use. Load the .esp files as late in your load order as possible.
1. Uncheck the .esm and any .esp files in FOMM.
2. Restore your animations folders by installing the Backup Animation File, found in the Optional section of the Files tab.
HELPFUL LINKS* If you want to adjust weapon models yourself, check out my series of articles on .nif manipulation:Part OnePart TwoPart 3 - Coming soon! (Yes, I'm serious - I still remember this article series, and will someday publish another section.)* Try these weapon mods, specially adjusted for RH_IronSights:Mangoez's FOOK2 Iron SightsWision's RH_IronSights plus Weapon Mod KitsEssGeeDee's Improved 10mm Pistol Tweak
Phoenix/undyne777's M14 EBR
Lt Albrecht's FN FAL
Camon Thompson M1923 RH_Ironsights Compatible
Camon Beretta Silverhawk RH_Ironsights Compatible
Camon AK-47 RH_Ironsights Compatible
MetallicAlec's M4 Carbines
southparkkids' 20th Century AK-47 IS Compatability Mesh
wo cao's 20th Century Weapons
The KDS Series:
KDS AK108 with Ironsights
KDS Beretta M92 Samurai Edge Pistol with Ironsights
KDS einherjrars AA-12 with Ironsights
KDS G36c Works With Ironsights
KDS M1911 with Ironsights
KDS M9 Beretta with Ironsights
KDS MK48 Machine Gun with Ironsights
KDS Modern Warfare Colt M4 with Ironsights
KDS Zealotlees ACR with Ironsights
KDS Zealotlees MP5 Pack with Ironsights
I have not had the opportunity to test these patched weapons yet; please leave feedback on your experiences with them.
If you have a mod that has been adjusted for my iron sights mod, let me know and I'll post the link here!
FAQQ: "None of my weapons are centering."A: There has probably been an installation problem. Make sure you do not have a Data folder inside your game's main Data folder; all folders with the same name should merge and overwrite if necessary.Also be sure the .esm and .esp files are checked in FOMM.Q: "Some of the weapons center when they fire, but not when they are being aimed."A: This is caused by the 'Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations' flag, which can be removed in the GECK or FO3Edit. If you are using vanilla weapons that don't center while aimed, you probably have a file loaded after RH_IronSights in your load order. Run the RH_IronSights .esp files as low (late) in your load order as possible.Q: "Does this mod work with mods that add a lot of weapons? FOOK2? CFW? 20th Century?"A: There are patches underway by the Nexus community for many of the big popular mods out there. Check the 'Helpful Links' section above to see if the weapons you use have been adjusted for iron sights yet. Some mods (like EVE) will have patches available soon.Q: "What about Fallout Wanderers' Edition (FWE)?"A: UPDATE - I am now hard at work on a FWE patch. Please stay tuned for announcements.Q: "My characters are firing into the air or into the ground."A: That is caused by an animation conflict. If you have FO3 Reanimated installed, use the FO3RA patch found in the Optional files section. Please report if you see this problem with any other mods.Q: "Can I adjust my own weapons for iron sights?"A: Absolutely. Check out my (incomplete, sorry) tutorial series. The links are in Helpful Links, above. Ask if you have any specific questions.Q: "Is this a finished mod?"A: No. It may undergo considerable changes before the final v1.0 release. Comments and feedback are always welcome.
NOTES & NEWS
An updated version of the FWE Patch is now available for download. It fixes the broken Widowmaker shotgun model link. If you see any more problems while using the FWE Patch, please let me know.
Happy Halloween, fearless wastelanders! As a special treat completely unrelated to the holiday, I present the "RH_IronSights Crouch Bugfix". This small, simple patch fixes the longest-standing bug afflicting this mod, the dreaded 'sneak-lean' bug. Please leave comments on your experience with the patch - I appreciate your feedback!
Oh, and don't go trick-or-treating where the Feral Ghouls live - they only give out Jolly Ranchers and pennies.
An updated version of the FWE patch is now available in the Optional files section! It contains 25+ adjusted models, including a fixed Ithaca shotgun. Enjoy!
I found another video from EssGeeDee on YouTube. It's in the Videos section.
Version 1 of the RH_IronSights / FWE Patch is now available in the Optional files section! There are several very important things to note here:
* This is a straight-up FWE patch - no EVE or WMK yet (coming soon!)
* The patch requires both this mod and FWE to work; it is not a replacement for FWE
* Only about 20 weapons have been added so far; the rest should be hip-fire for now. That will change as more adjusted models are added to the patch.
Thank you all very much for your support during the development of this patch. ~ RH
* Two important files have been uploaded to the site:
- A patch to bring RH_IronSights up to version 0.882A. Please leave feedback on your experience with this patch and the mod in general.
- A new test file which adds a Flamer Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun, and their relevant ammo to the player inventory. Try out these WIP weapons and tell me what you think!
* Even more videos have been added to the site!
- New mod demonstrations by EssGeeDee and KDStudios!
- A holographic sights demo featuring four FWE pistols!
- A test of my upcoming Tranquilizer Pistol!
* It's true - I am working on a FWE patch. Check the mod frontpage and Comments section for updates. If you have a FWE, CFW, or EVE weapon that you have adjusted for iron sights, and you would like to see it featured, please send me the link!
* The "Crazy 88" v0.881 Beta publish of RH_IronSights has been uploaded to the Nexus!
This version contains several new fixes and features:
- Due to popular demand, the Revolver Rifle is now included in the 'New Weapons' plugin. It is a work-in-progress (WIP) model. Feedback is welcome!
- The aiming sights and attack animation of the Laser Rifle have been improved.
- The Gun Oil now properly stores custom hand drift settings between gaming sessions.
- The 2hrhandgrip3_combatshotgun.kf animation has been improved.
- All five DLC packs have Basic plugins.
- New weapons like the 5.56mm SMG have been moved to their own plugin.
- The 'Remove Reticule' plugin eliminates the reticule while in 1st person iron sights aiming.
- Various other fixes, tweaks, and new plugins. Check out the readme!
You may want to remove your Textures/0roguehallow folder before installing, as it holds many redundant textures. Back up any changes you may have made to the folder before deleting.
Thanks to jholdsclaw and EssGeeDee for helping me test this version. Thanks to Skyhawk469 for the reticule remover script my plugin is based on, and to Pelinor for the idea. And thanks to everyone who has endorsed this mod!
Old Notes & News
* To everyone who installed v0.87a: Please delete the file 2hrreloadG.kf from the folder "[Your directory]/Data/Meshes/Characters/_1stperson". It was included by mistake and is interfering with the reload animation of Point Lookout's Double-Barrel Shotgun. You may also need to remove 2hrreloadG from "[Your directory]/Data/Meshes/Characters/_male". Thanks to Echelon117 and Lt Albrecht for pointing that out!
* A French translator has recently been given permission to make a translation of this mod. Hopefully I'll have a link to their page soon. If you would like to make a translation of RH_IronSights into another language (looking for German, Japanese, Russian, and others) just PM me.
CREDITSThanks to:Bethesda, Obsidian, and Interplay...the moderators and maintainers of the Nexus...HeroinZero for the MP7, M14, and FN SCAR models from his mods, as well as the original model/texture makers: Schmung, the_tub, Spezz, Murdock, Twinkie Masta, Snark, Pete, Enron, Kimono, Qwerty, and The Expert...P. Colada for the Remington 1858 model...jholdsclaw and EssGeeDee for helping me test v0.88B...Skyhawk469 for the script my "Remove Reticule" plugin is based on...Kenkuro, ZMZMZM, elitesarge, Lt Albrecht, Cehan, Kitoro, Baltherzar, GOGAA, spectra10101, Rune Hunter, Whitsel, Morax, silk6, NitroBullet, Tadaa, testbump, and every single person who left comments, constructive criticism, and endorsements...Everyone who has made a weapon mesh compatible with RH_Ironsights...whoever wrote that hotkey tutorial (I'll credit you when I find out, I promise)...digitalsushi.com for the Webley picture used in the .32 Service Revolver texture......and thanks, as always, to you, faithful wastelanderPrograms used:Fallout 3 and the DLCGECKFOSEFOMMFO3EditGIMPBlenderNifSkope
LEGALPlease do not repackage or republish any part of this mod without the express permission of the mod's author, Rogue Hallow.This mod is large and I try to keep it separate from my other game files, but mistakes do happen. If you see a part of your mod in mine and you have not been properly credited, please contact me and I will correct the issue immediately.This mod now contains work by other authors. If your work is included in this mod and you a) don't agree with its use or b) don't feel that you have been given due credit, please contact me and I will correct the issue faster than immediately.