Download - 10.72 MB
A single player mod for Half-Life 2
Date: August 18th, 2008
Author: Jason Gimba
Gordon Freeman infiltrates a powerstation commandeered by Combine forces in an effort to destabilize their control of the region.
1. Unzip the contents of SP_Powerstation17.zip to your SourceMods
folder (i.e. C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods).
2. If Steam was already running, restart Steam and you should see Powerstation 17 as an available mod to play. Otherwise, simply launch Steam.
- In the reactor room, energy orbs can sometimes re-seat themselves in the tubes when they are flying around, though it does not affect the final outcome.
Updates from 0.97:
- Did some texture alignments on the big tank railings.
- Replaced the garage doors with func_door instead of func_movelinear
- Aligned the monitor textures in the top floor control room so the displayed image is no longer flipped horizontally.
Updates from 0.96:
- The doll squeaks when the player picks it up.
- More texture alignments.
Updates from 0.95:
- Clean up of the background map, removing assets that didn't need to be loaded and adding some minor details.
- Fixed the sprinklers in the hub room ending in midair.
- Minor tweaks with info_lightings.
Updates from 0.94:
0.95 is largely a clean-up release that resolves issues introduced
- Fixed all info_lighting issues.
- Fixed the rolling grenade in the first room.
- Toned down the spotlights to highlight the rocket launcher area.
- Tweaked fog settings some more.
- Carefully tweaked wine bottles so they sit upright on the tables.
Updates from 0.93:
- Finally got the ragdoll magnet working on the balcony. Added doors as well.
- Started a pass on info_lighting placement to even out lighting, esp. on the garbage composite props. There are a few that still need fixing.
- Added a couple spotlights to highlight the rocket launcher corridor. These should be tuned down a bit in the next build.
- Removed a lot of the pulsing lights added in 0.92 to help framerate.
- Revised the way pigeons spawn.
- Added sparks to the reactor's destruction.
- Added wine bottles and boxes to many of the tables.
- Added a couple grenades to the starting room, though they have a tendency to roll into the main area.
- Changed Water LOD settings on transition to top floor.
Updates from 0.92:
- Further improvements to the turret so it essentially mirrors the turrets in d2_coast_12.
- Added a balcony to the side of the Northern Petrol building to support an additional level of combat for the turret.
- Tweaked the pulsing lights added in 0.92 and added a couple others.
- Added an additional music track during the metrocop battle en route to Powerstation 17.
- Added some batteries to the above area in the back of one of the trucks.
- Added more details around the building the gunship spawns from and tweaked the position of the mountain in the skybox. Also added another smokestack to the skybox.
- Minor detailings and prop placement tweaks, such as populating the shelves with miscellaneous props.
Updates from 0.91:
- Replaced the sniper with a group of metrocops that are capable of manning the turret.
- Changed some parameters on the turret so it can pivot faster.
- Fixed an incorrect setting on the turret's gibshooter that made it emit three times as many shell casings as it should have.
- Added a health recharge station to the reactor room.
- Added some blinking lights to the reactor room and the water room.
- Added an autosave point located after the dropship battle, but before the skylight battle.
- Fixed a incorrect weapon on two of the dropship Combine. They now all have SMGs and the battle should be much easier as a result.
Updates from 0.90:
- Fixed a crash problem with the twin doors by slaving one door to the other.
- Fixed an elevator problem where the blocker brush would intersect and destroy the player if they were standing in the doorway when they pushed the button.
- Adjusted height of displacements in gunship battle area.
- Replaced greenish water with canal water.
- Synchronized the title screen and gunship battle areas so they better reflect changes in each.
- Minor cubemap improvements.
- Added barrels to the pre-reactor room.
r /> Design and Construction
All Tutorial Authors
Valve Developer Community