Minecraft 1.6.1 released
An updated Minecraft launcher is now available, and will be the program where you receive all future Minecraft updates.
Download and installYou can download the new launcher for the following systems:
Mac OS X
To install the launcher, simply download and run the program.
Quick tips about the launcher
- You do not need to re-purchase Minecraft to use the new game launcher.
- The new launcher is required in order to play Minecraft version 1.6 and any future updates. The old launcher will not update past version 1.5.2.
- The program is self-updating, so we won't require another manual download in the future.
- The interface is still in an early version, and will continue to receive updates to improve its look.
- You can still play Minecraft version 1.5.2 using the old launcher, which you can download from minecraft.net/download
- Support for multiple Minecraft usernames per Mojang account is included in the launcher, but is not yet enabled in Mojang accounts.
- You will always be able to access singleplayer content while offline.
- However, in the new launcher, you must actually be offline, or else the launcher will continue to try to contact the login servers.
New FeaturesSome of the new features include: streamlined downloading of Minecraft updates, increased password security, the ability to switch between game versions, the use of updated game code libraries for increased performance and stability, and it paves the way for the future plugin APIs.
We are only temporary custodians of the particles which made us - Stephen Hawking
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2148
- Location: UK
- Uploads: 22
- Kudos: 59
- CPU: AMD FX6300 - 3.5 Ghz
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 660
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage Space: 750GB
- Sound Card: On board
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 550D