Download - 17.80 KB
This mod integrates locational damage in Skyrim. Don't forget to endorse and to comment if you like it! It keeps me motivated. :-)
If there are any questions/feedback/bug reports, check the FAQ/comment- or the Known bugs/issues-section first before posting to see if it was already handled.
Bethesda Forum Thread
Table of Contents
- Playing advice
- List of possible effects
- Known bugs/issues
- Planned features
- Next version
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Locational Damage is a combat-mod designed for the cooperation with other combat mods OR for the only combat enhancement. It's just about YOUR liking if you want to use it alone or not. It even has a config-file to customize the mod in your favor.
This mod mainly adds new effects and damages based on the bodyzone you hit but you can read up on all features in the next section. There are currently 15 different bodyzones (v1.1), each with unique effects. A list of all possible effects, which will occur depending on the current combat situation, are listed in the corresponding section.
I hope you'll have fun with it. :-)
- New critical hits based on the bodyzone for NPCs and Draugr: Locational Damage introduces a new type of critical hits. (They're only available for NPCs and Draugr, check the FAQ why.) They occur depending on what bodyzone you hit and how strong you are compared to your target. Criticals are commented by messages, like these: "Critical hit: Head!" / "Critical shot: Chest!"; With the player as the target: "Critical hit: Head! (Player)" / "Critical shot: Chest! (Player)".
- New effects: These criticals cause many new effects like staggering, disarming, blurried vision, etc. They are a satisfying reward for good aiming and timing.
- Extra damages on magicka/stamina if you hit the head/legs: These damages add even more importance to aiming. For example if you want to take out a mage effectively you want to aim mainly to his head. He will lose much magicka in this case over time.
- Archery and melee support: Locational Damage supports melee and archer characters. Magic support is planned for one of the next versions.
- 15 different bodyzones: head, face, throat, neck, left shoulder, right shoulder, solar plexus, heart, chest, left arm, right arm, back, groin, legs, feet.
- Percentaged damage for the head, chest and leg area: Percentaged damage makes it possible to higher or lower the damage for certain body areas. You can read up everything you need to know in the config-file.
- Config-file for customization: This file gives you the opportunity to customize the mod to YOUR liking. You can enable/disable for example instant-kills, messages, archery-/melee-support and you can even adjust the damage output from this mod.
If you want to know how you can prevent criticals or get even more criticals then I have some advice for you.
In general, you want to do the things you always do like training your armor and weapon skill, getting a high level, keeping stamina and health as high as possible in combat. Stuff like that.
But if you really want to influence the criticals even more you need to keep some aspects in mind:
- Preventing criticals: be as far away as possible from your enemy if fighting against an archer, his arrows are more deadlier in close combat resulting in a higher chance to get criticals; be as near as possible to your enemy if fighting against a melee, so that he doesn't have enough space to strike out his attacks.
- Getting criticals: exploit the tips just mentioned; use the heaviest weapon you have/use as many power attacks as possible if melee.
List of possible effects
- Blurried vision
- Instant-kill (Archery only)
- Face: Staggering if the attacker's weapon is heavy enough
- Dropping helmet if a bash attack was used
- Magicka-damage (Melee)
- Health-damage (Archery)
- Throat bleeding
- Neck: Instant-kill (Melee only)
- Solar Plexus:
- Knockdown if the target is staggering/recoiling
- Blurried vision
- Drains 90%/50% of current health/stamina
- Right shoulder:
- Damages One- and TwoHanded by 50 for 10 seconds
- Left shoulder:
- Damages Archery by 50 for 10 seconds
- Right arm:
- Disarms the target if it was attacking
- Left arm:
- Reduces the block-skill of the target to 0 for 10 seconds (w/o shield)
- Dropping of the shield (w/ shield)
- Knockdown if the target is staggering/recoiling
- Knockback if powerattack or heavy weapon
- Knockback if the target is sprinting
- Damages One- and TwoHanded by 30 for 10 seconds
- Knockdown or, if the target is sprinting, knockback
First, you have to install SKSE if you haven't yet.
Then place the scripts-folder, the .esp-file and the config-file into your Skyrim Directory/Data-folder.
Using the config-file: save your modifications and type "bat LOCconfig" (without quotes) in the console to make the changes appear. The changes will be saved in the save game so you only have to type that if you made a modification.
Download the uninstall-file in the miscellaneous-section (needs at least v1.1.1).
If you have issues with brawling check the FAQ.
- Optimization: Implementing uninstall process.
- Feature change: The armor rating is now again calculated by the getArmorRating()-function of SKSE.
- Optimization: More accurate and responsive script. ~ 150 lines of code were removed.
- Optimization: Errors in the .log-files reduced.
- Correction: Changed "Foots" to "Feet".
- Feature change: Bodyzones "Right leg" and "Left leg" combined to bodyzone "Legs".
- Feature change: Some calculation adjustments; more balanced headshots.
- Feature change: The armor rating is now temporary calculated by the corresponding armor skill divided by a random value between 5 and 7 due to the broken getArmorRating()-function.
- Optimization: Much more cleaner, accurate and responsive script. It reacts up to 1 second faster compared to 0.71b! Nearly 300 unnecessary lines were removed and many slow functions were exchanged for faster functions.
- Optimization: Much more accurate archery-detection. The script now knows where you shot your arrow and can even calculate the gravity affecting the arrow!
- New feature: Percentaged damage with new multipliers for it in the config-file. If you don't want this feature, set them to 0; if you want e.g. instant-kills with every shot to the head, set the multiplier for the head very high. There are multipliers for melee and archery.
- New feature: New effects, marked with "(NEW)" in the list above.
- New feature: New config-setting "useUndeads".
- Feature change: Bodyzones "Right foot" and "Left foot" combined to bodyzone "Feet".
- Feature change: Removed block-features. They were useless and had nothing to do with locational damage.
- New requirement: SKSE.
- Fixed bug: Disabled criticals if target lays on the ground.
- Fixed bug: Brawls are now playable if neither a weapon nor magic is equipped.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: "Are "normal" critical hits from Skyrim disabled?"
A: No, they still work.
Q: "Brawling does not work with this mod enabled!"
A: It does work if you unequip every weapon BEFORE the brawl starts. So make this sure before you consider to brawl.
Q: "Does this mod work with every weapon?"
A: Yes, it does.
Q: "Does this work with every creature, not only with Draugr? If not, will you include it sometime?"
A: No, it does not work with every creature and I won't include that. The problem is that I would have to create a system for detecting the hit body part for EVERY creature out there. That's just impossible.
Q: "Is this mod compatible with XYZ (ex.: Deadly Combat, Duel - Combat Realism, ACE)?"
A: This mod only adds new forms to the game, so it should be compatible with every mod. Like other users reported, this mod works fine with those mentioned above (Borgut1337 made a special version of this mod for Deadly Combat, so make sure you disable his option first before considering to use both mods together).