Installing Sims 3 Packs - Trouble
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/i ... #msg535029
1. Download the Windows TS3 recompressor (s3rc-win.rar) and extract the contents to a folder on your desktop.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/i ... 129.0.html
2. Paste this code into a text file.
- Code: Select all
for /R %%i in (*.sim) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.package) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.nhd) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.dbc) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
3. Save the text file in the same folder as the recompressor files, then rename the text file to s3rcBatch.cmd
4. Put the files you want to decrap into the folder with the recompressor files & s3rcBatch.cmd file.
5. Double-click the s3rcBatch.cmd file and wait till it finishes.
6. Now move your newly compressed & decrapped sims3packs into your downloads folder & run the latest launcher you have to install sims3packs as normal.
New content can be added later, by repeating steps 4 thru 6.
If you find items still not showing up in your game run your .dbc files through the same decrap process above following steps 1 thru 5 (keep your .dbc files in their original folder & add the decrapper & batch file to that folder & run it) for stuff that has already been installed but not showing up in game. You will find your .dbc files here...
C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache
You can do the same for your game saves which are found here...
C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
We are only temporary custodians of the particles which made us - Stephen Hawking
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2148
- Location: UK
- Uploads: 22
- Kudos: 60
- CPU: AMD FX6300 - 3.5 Ghz
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 660
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage Space: 750GB
- Sound Card: On board
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 550D