Topics and Discussions on the popular Fallout 3 game produced by Bethesda Softworks.
Fallout 3 - Capital Wasteland Map
by Webslug » February 21st, 2009, 2:02 pm
The world of Fallout 3 is vast and packed full of all kinds of stuff, so it's nothing to be ashamed of if you are feeling lost or a little overwhelmed. There is help, however, as the good folks at Planet Fallout have put together an outline of the future post-apocalyptic Washington, D.C. using Google Maps.
The map, which is continuously updated by users, includes just about every point of interest in the game. This ranges from simple things like item and ammo locations, to more interesting easter eggs hidden throughout the capital wasteland. The map also includes the start and end points of different quests, as well as the locations of steps in between. In this way, it serves essentially as a FAQ for gamers.
While maps and walkthroughs are certainly nothing new for games, this is an interesting way of going about it. The user-created aspect also makes it much more efficient, as one person doesn't have to play the whole game non-stop in order to discover all the secrets. Instead, community members simply add new information as they come across it. Very web 2.0.
Please remember to comment, it helps to encourage modders with their work.
- The Elder Scrolls Online - Gathering and Exploration Trailer
- Should Mods Reloaded Have A Minecraft Server Again?
- Skyrim Hints & Tips
- Witcher 2 Dev-tools released for free
- Settlers IV - Maps on request
- Settlers IV - Editing Config files, bugfixing and language
- Company of Heroes 2 - Release Date announced!
- Settlers III Remake for Android, Linux, Mac and Windows