Download - 13.74 MB
Wei Jiesen and Cipscis Uploader
Author: WJS and Cipscis
updated new file: 10/27/2010
EVE NEW VEGAS INFO
Until EVE 2.0 for New Vegas is out, you can enjoy this EVE v1.0 port! Fallout3's EVE ported over to NewVegas! Kudos to LucidusCruorem for his effort on coversion!
*** I award KUDOS to people that upload their screens! Let's see some great shots of these flashy effects! ***
Firstly, A big thanks to all of you that voted this as File of the Month for August... or something!
Secondly, If you leave a "Won't Endorse" vote on this mod without contacting me about the problem or at least reading the Readme first, then may bad Karma fall upon you.
This mod will make you start using energy weapons. If you already are a fan, then try not to mess your trousers. To start with, here are a few of the things that EVE introduces:
# THIRTY TWO new custom animated "Critical Kills" for laser/plasma/pulse/Fatman/missile
# ALL new custom muzzleflashes for all laser/plasma/pulse
# ALL new custom enhanced projectiles for all laser/plasma/pulse/MissleLauncher/flamer
# ALL new realistic animated impacts for all laser/plasma/pulse
# ALL new high-quality textures for all laser/plasma/pulse
# ALL new sounds for laser/plasma/pulse/robots (ALL energy weps in FO3)
# Insects and Supermutants have their own custom animated ashpile! (random chance to be seen upon laser crit kill)
# NEW custom explosions for Plasma/pulse Grenade/Mine
# New "Crit hit effects" for laser/plasma
# New customized meshes for laser/plasma/pulse
# All "unique" unergy weapon variants are now overhauled "Classic Fallout" weapons!
# New awesome models for Plasma and Pulse grenades and mines (thrown)
# New mesh Firelance, Vengence, WazerWifle, Protectron's Gaze, and more!
# Pulse weaponry introduced to FO3 (all aspects: sounds, impacts, deaths, ect.)
# Outcast's "Shredder" grenade introduced to FO3
# PT900 (Plasma Thrower) Introduced to FO3! The king of heavy energy weaponry!
# Fatman has crit kills! (x3)
# Missile crit kill against a supermutant will dismember from the torso! (elbo and neck too)
# Shooting dead bodies with an energy wep will have a chance to disintegrate it or cause shader FX.
# Firelance will ignite enemies and bodies with a alien-ish blue flames FX.
# New custom flamer model with awesome textures and sounds!
# Flamer has own crit kills! (x5)
# Flamer causes enemies (non robot) to have a chance to flee when on fire (dependent on their Endurance, and also you having the Pyromaniac perk helps)
Here is a more detailed list of what EVE includes. If you don't want a "spoiler" to ruin the experience of discovery, skip this large block of text:
* currently 29 new custom animated crit kills for laser/plasma/pulse/Fatman. Some are specific to headshots/humans/outdoors. Some laser deaths will ignite the target. Some plasma deaths will inflict an "melty-wispy" effect. Pulse deaths do everything from implode, to levitate, to atomize, to calling forth the wrath of Atom.
* ALL laser weapons fire beams that are visually appropriate for their strength. Meaning that weak/quick lasers fire thin very red beams. Mid-strength lasers fire mid-sized reddish beams. Strong lasers fire an animated red beam with a white-hot core.
* ALL laser/plasma weapons have their own unique firing sound. Sounds are appropriate to the strength of the weapon. (example laser pistol compared to Protectrons Gaze / Alien Blaster compared to Firelance)
* ALL laser/plasma/pulse weapons have their own unique "no ammo/clip empty" sound!!
* ALL laser/plasma/pulse weapons have animated impact visuals. Energy weapons no longer leave an immersion killing "0.1sec generic DukeNukem3D flash."
* ALL laser/plasma/pulse weapons have a special visual effect when a non-robot is shot. A non-robot victim shot by a laser/plasma wep will emit particles/wisps.
* ALL laser/plasma weapons have a unique visual effect when a robot is shot. The robot will have a unique short-circuiting sound and visually begin sparking.
* ALL robots fire laser beams that are visually appropriate for their laser's strength. Weak/Med/strong
* ALL robots have their own unique laser firing sound. Weak/Med/Strong/Hand/Head
* ALL laser/plasma/pulse Each weapon has its own custom designed muzzleflash.
* Plasma Projectiles have a "whiz/passby" sound when someone nearly misses you
* Laser/Plasma/Pulse have their own unique impact decals. Plasma shots leave a burned hole, lasers leave a super heated spot, and pulse leaves a charred mark.
* Plasma Grenade/Mine have a new improved awesome Plasma Explosion. Plasma explosions now show a large shrinking energy orb, and emit a bunch of burning plasma entities.
* Laser Gatlings backpack pulses with energy. Like most weapon meshes in EVE, the "glow" is actually animated to "pulse" at a pattern.
* Laser Pistol has 3 versions of animated FX meshes to choose from. (Check the data/meshes/weapons/ folder)
* Laser Rifle has 2 versions of animated FX meshes to choose from(Check the data/meshes/weapons/ folder)
* Plasma Rifle has 3 versions of animated FX meshes to choose from(Check the data/meshes/weapons/ folder)
* A3-21's Plasma Rifle is now an awesomefied P94 Plasma Rifle
* Smuggler's End laser pistol is now an enhanced Wattz Laser Pistol
* Protectron's Gaze is now the Wattz Magneto Laser Pistol
* Vengence is now the H&K L30 Gatling Laser
* Wazer Wifle is now the classic FO weapon Wattz 2000 Extended Cap
* New custom model for Firelance
* Laser critical hit to the head blinds enemy (and you)
* Plasma/Pulse Critical Hit causes "burn" damage for few seconds
* Pulse weapons in roughly 12 locations throughout FO3
* Outcast's have their own unique weapon called "Shredder grenades". Shredder grenade is a laser emitting bomb that continuously fires off multiple high-powered laser shots until it self-destructs.
* Strong lasers will leave a special impact that visually shows a thin black animated smolder.
* Some deaths by Pulse firearms will leave a new smoldering black ashpile. (The contents of which are based off your character's LUCK)
* Missle Launcher now has a GREAT looking missle! The tailflame and trail have been re-done. Missles look so real and powerful.
* Flamer's flame has been improved. more liquid flame at source, and more sparks fly, as well as a spurratic flame pattern. AND when firing you can see a HEAT REFRACT just like fire in real-life.
* HeatBlaster and Firefly weapon in FO3 now.
* Fireant has it's own flame projectile
* Ant Queen has her own new projectile that leaves spit trail and spit impact
* Plasma thrower (PT900) is introduced. Its the "big gun" of plasma weps.
* Custom flamer model with awesome textures and sounds!
* Flamer has own crit kills! (x5)
* Flamer causes enemies (non robot) to have a chance to flee when on fire (dependent on their Endurance, and also you having the Pyromaniac perk helps)
Brain, and basic computer knowledge
FOSE is NOT needed! (surprising yeah?)
FOMM is suggested, though not required
If you are not using FOMM, then ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated would help you get this mod working.
Listen CLOSELY so you dont get (!), red triangles, missing textures, or lose your wallet.
1.) UNZIP (the file, NOT ur pants!)
2.) Put the folders in this Data folder into YOUR data folder and overwrite!
3.) Open FOMM or something and check the EVE.esm as well as EnergyVisualsEnhanced.esp
4.) Play Fallout 3 and witness energy weapons as they should've been.
I still maintain, you'd uninstall your sac before you uninstall this mod.
However, should you choose to change a mesh or texture with one from another mod, simply locate the weapon's mesh/texture in your data folder, and overwrite EVE's with the one of the same name from another mod. Simple, but foolhearty.
* DO NOT USE WITH "Flesh Burning Plasma" (trust me EVE already does what that mod can do, and oh so much more)
* There is a CHANCE that using this with "Tweak mods" Other than Arwen's or FOIP could result in "funny-stuff".
* Any other mod that modifies energy weapons.
* FOOK2. It already contains EVE!
* I'm told UWWUT probably won't work well with this.
*ABOUT WMK :
you can use EVE and WMK at the same time. You will NOT get game freezes or CTD.
However, when you upgrade a weapon with a weapon mod kit in game, you'll no longer see the textures/mesh from EVE, as it will revert to the WMK model/texture! EVE IS PLAYABLE with WMK simultaneously with no reported "issues" aside from WMK's mesh/texture override.
*It is also noted that mixing pineapple beer with EVE has produced various results.
Firstly, if you have any 'issues/bugs' at all, try to realize that there is a 99% chance that it is MOD CONFLICT. EVE would not have been released if it had "bugs or issues". Having said this, if you DO have any bugs or issues, then go get FO3Edit and use the "master update" feature, if all else fails make a merged patch and grab Garybash (The FO3 version of Wyrebash).
(BTW On that note, if you have problems and you did NOT try MasterUpdate or Garybash and you leave nasty comments or point fingers at Nexus, i won't hesitate to give your comment a -99 rating.)
Try to be resourceful people, that's why I write this Readme and offer possible solutions to all of you who choose to load your FOMM up with lots of things.
if you have problems, the following methods have been proven to resolve them
Use CASM. CASM is a high quality mod that fixes Fallout3's bugged save system. PROVEN to increase EVE stability and reduce issues! I have a dozen testimonial PM's as proof ^^
Garybash - Garybash is the Wyrebash clone for Fallout3. By "ESMify" the EVE.esp with Garybash, a multitude of ppl have proven this method to drastically reduce any problems.
FO3Edit - Fallout3 Edit is a program is has helped thousands of people run lots of mods together smoothly. Get this program and use the MasterUpdate feature. May God help you if you haven't tried this method BEFORE you complain/comment here on my mod. Fair warning.
Video Install Guide for Fallout 3 mods This new gem will lead you by the hand through the steps to take to ensure you experience no problems while playing your heavily modded FO3. Very concise and clear steps even a n00b can follow!
A Feral Ghoul reported EVE did not work for him. It was later discovered that it was due simply to the fact he'd eaten half of his keyboard. There's a lesson to be learned here: refrain from ingesting computer accessories.
1368 A.D. - Ming Dynasty begins.
1644 A.D. - Ming Dynasty ends.
1/10/2009, 11:40pm - Weijiesen Dynasty begins.
After releasing "Laser Visuals Enhanced", I noticed plasma weapons sucked too.
After starting "Plasma Visuals Enhanced", I noticed ALL energy weapons were visually dull, and generally a shame and abomination. Thus, "Energy Visuals Enhanced" is born.
Today - You started reading this sentance. . . and finished it.
>> Please use this Nexus just for comments and ratings. <<
for technical support, questions, or suggestions please use: http://www.fookunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2577
Of course you can PM me here on Nexus if it is something quick, and dont forget you can contact Cipscis the co-author.
* ALSO next to the "comments" tab you will find the "Discussion" tab, feel free to use that.
WJS Personal Favorite:
TheTalkieToasters' : Playing With Firepower
This mod has it all, and then some!
This fantastic (yet waaaay under-appreciated) mod is packed full of HQ goodies! The scripting is nothing short of genius, and the mod goes nicely with EVE.
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12903 <-- grab it here! (and if you don't endorse, I'll unleash a horde of feral ghoul midgets wielding raw fish against you)
#1 Starting Energy Weapon: Start with a laser pistol instead of 10mm!
If you want to build a character that specializes in Energy Weapons, this one's for you!, Why wait so long until getting an energy wep?
This mod also modifies the inventory of the two guards at the entrance in the Vault 101 Atrium. One of them now has equipped a Laser Pistol along with a few ammo for it. It also replaces the 10mm ammo from two containers in the intro.
#2 Destroyable Environments <--- File of the Month October!
Why use EVE's powerful new beams and impacts if you can't even scratch the paint? With this mod you'll be wastin' the wasteland like you never thought possible.
User 'SP' has put much time, talent, and dedication to this. While EVE visually makes your weapons more destructive, Destroyable Environments actually allows you to be the vandal we always knew you were on the inside.
Cipscis' Automatic Save Manager
Manages your save files by replacing Fallout 3's saving system so that you no longer have to rely on only a single autosave or quicksave to fall back on. CASM creates saves in three ways:
- Automatically after a certain length of time
- Automatically after certain events
- Manually with the F4 key
(this mod has been proven to increase mod stability and lesson CTD's and bugs a person may experience!)
#4 Arwen's Realism Tweaks
Makes the game play much more realistic, more challenging, and more balanced! If you are looking for a "tweak" mod thats FULLY compatible with EVE and compliments this mod well, here it is! This mod may appear tiny, but it is a powerful sucker that gets the job done! It not only tweaks weapons, but gameplay, armor, and enemy AI as well. I personally keep this mod in my load order at all times.
The FOIP ppl worked so hard to get EVE to be compatible with other "major mods". So why don't you get FOIP, and leave a heartfelt comment/endorsement for them. Or i'll hunt you down, and gut you like a fish. How's that? I was gonna say "kill you where you stand", but there's a good chance you are not standing, but sitting rather.
#6 Impervious Power Armor
This is another fine high-quality mod from TheTalkieToaster.
This mod is what the name implies. In power armor you are more like a walking tank, and less like a walking tin-foil man. Why do i recommend this? Because while using this great mod, Energy Weapons are key for taking out PA'd baddies!
Thanks to Bethesda for creating Fallout 3.
Myself = All the custom visuals. Original concept. the 29 new crit death animations. Many new models. All the new textures. All muzzleflashes. All new explosions. The wacky easter-eggs. Replying to all your PM's. This super long email...
Cipscis = Script assistance and too many other things to fill this readme with. EVE couldn't have reached this level of awesomeness without ya!
HugePinball = Providing me with the best mod testing utility, loads of suggestions, fresh baked cookies, making EVE videos, and more.
LordSimpson = His eagerness. oh his testing too. and support.
Ariel Chai = the great plasma gun resorce model!
DariusKootz = some new sounds have come from his "sound compilation" mod, check it out! (all original author rights are maintained and acknowledged via this mod in conjunction with the Sound Compilation mod refered to herein.)
JoeFoxx = your Wattz laser pistol mesh buddy
DaiShi = his original model for H&Kl30
Voiddweller = his original pulse mesh was used as the basis. thanks
YourEvilTwin = for taking the time and effort to begin creating "EWE" Energy Weapons Enhanced. The official expanded version of EVE
Lord Inquisitor = for helping to smooth out the blockish parts on my PT900, and all other n00bish models I make, and so much more. You can't imagine how many things he's contributed to EVE. too many to list. so why don't you give him a Kudos too if you like EVE.
SkyKappa = for TONS of things in EVE 096, and 097... and beyond. Still trying to implement all his wonderful contributions. The modding community will miss you, and isn't so bright without you around.
Beta Testers: = for their ESSENTIAL and thorough testing, and screenshots.(If I missed you name as a beta tester just tell me)
MacroTM, Dukeman, Eiries, Rianadine,
MModders who need Scripting lessons, I suggest you visit www.cipscis.com
http://www.zazzle.com/fallout+3+hats <-- awesome fallout hats!
http://bethblog.com/index.php/2009/08/24/modding-interview-cipscis/#more-4905 <--- Bethesda blog interviews Cipscis!
Other "easter eggs" exist in EVE's texture folder, can you find them? hehe
Nifskope (the most) (for making new explosions, animating objects, making MPS, editing UV maps, and nearly all the cool stuff you see in EVE)
Photoshop CS3 (cs5 now)
Blender / 3DsMax (for modeling things)
CrazyBump (only partial credit... CB's Normal maps are wack)
Nvidia BlendViewGUI (awesome)
BodyPaint (Just a bit)
Corel VideoStudio (to make some EVE vids)
Fallout 3 ReadMe Generator (for what you are reading rite now)
and a single Binford 00262-21l S.A.E. size 15/16" Socket Wrench (for minor adjustments)
Pineapple beer: for Energy, (and after a certain amount, Inspiration)
By all means if you would like to use any of the assets in EVE, simply contact me to tell me your intention, and make sure to make mention the author (probably myself, WeiJieSen (Sounds like Way, Jay, Sen) of said asset somewhere in the "Credits" section of your mod. I Always enjoy seeing what people have made using EVE assets. Also it would behoove you to contact me, because there is a high chance i have a NEW improved version of the mesh/texture somewhere on my computer, or can give you advice on how to make it more awesome.
However if you'd like to modify/adjust/tweak EVE to your own liking to keep on your own computer (unreleased), you needn't inform me of such things (as long as its not distributed.) Happy modding!
EVE 0.9.7. uploaded September 23rd, 2010
EVE Beta 0.9.7 Updates:
* There are 2 new plasma deaths and one new laser death.
* General tweaks made to all (yes, ALL) laser/plasma/pulse deaths for visual goodness!
* New missile explosion
* Supermutant can be dismembered from the TORSO via missile crit kill!
* Supermutants can be skeletonized by laser/plasma/pulse
* Custom (animated!) ashpile for bugs (random chance to see)
* Custom (animated!) ashpile for supermutants (random chance to see)
* PT900 holsters correctly
* Plasma grenade should open up when thrown
* Plasma Grenade has a new explosion
* Laser Cannon penetrates through multiple enemies!
* Pulse Grenade has a new sound when you prepare to throw
* Sentrybot's have a new sound for firing Gatling and Minigun
* New projectile for Alien blaster and Firelance.
* New model for firelance
* The damage of heatblaster/firefly is reduced
* Shredder Grenade "blind" distance lowered
* Enclave Enforcer enemy health nerfed
EVE 0.9.6 uploaded March 24th, 2010
EVE Beta 0.9.6 Updates:
* Black rising smolder from strong laser impacts no longer "gets sucked back down". Smoke now fades to disappear.
* Missle Launcher's missle has been improved 200%. See screenshots for example
* F'lame'rs flame is no longer lame. Flamer's flame now replaced with a new version 200% better
* FATMAN crit kills and crit effects!! currently Fatman sports two deaths: Fatman's Revenge, and Send To Atom
* Plasma Thrower (PT900) introduced. Weapon model, textures, and FX surpasses expectations. Weapon is suitable for Plasma Big-gun. Balanced, not over-powered or aestetically harrowing (like some other plasma big-guns...)
* Many 3D sound fixes. Robot short-circuit, Laser Gatling. 3D radius' tweaked on many custom sounds so they no longer sound like they are "right next to you".
* PT900 chance to appear in Enclave Encampments when the Enclave arrive in the wasteland.
* Enclave Companion "Lieutenant Gutsy" introduced. Lieutenant Gutsy has a Plasma Thrower arm, a Micro-missle launching arm, and can shoot lasers from his eyes. oh and he has a Riot-Shield which is durable and can take lots of damage and protect his hull and thruster.
* Fireant's Fire is unique. Now has a more bionic looking fire, with slight liquid you can notice at the mouth. More drops/splats spray out too, and the fire is more sperratic and random pattern than the Flamer weapon.
* Ant Queen's acid spit projectile leaves a trail. It's impact has been improved to look more like acid. As well as being more deadly and if an enemy is struck by the queen's acid spid, the victim will "burn" with acidic wisps.
* HeatBlaster and Unique-unique Edison's Firefly have been added. Backstory located at the museum of tech. Both weapon's are fire based.
Burnmaster, Firefly, and other flame based weapons are now able to set off "gas traps" as well as ignite Harold and also get a bonus if you have the Pyromaniac perk.
* Explosion impact data added for when an explosion hits concrete/stone. (in regular fallout3, there is no special FX or scar left in stone from an explosive.)
* Enclave Enforcer added (caution! Enclave Enforcers have extremely high DR, can cloak themselves, and have a Plasma Thrower equipped.)
* Enforcer Gauntlet weapon added. Visual FX and crit kills with it.
* Enforcer Shades added. Very slim chance to have as loot from a dead Enforcer.
EVE 0.9.5 uploaded November 6th 2009
EVE Beta 0.9.5 Updates:
* Pulse Pistol now added to the FO3 wasteland. Found in roughly 12 locations and currently sports 10 critical kill effects to be seen.
* Shredder Grenade added. Tech is unique to Outcasts. Can be obtained through Protector Casdin, or found at some Outcast related places.
* Plasma Explosions Leave plasma entities
* Strong laser shots leave a rising black smolder wisp at point of impact
* Pulse Grenades when thrown now open up to reveal an animated electric energy core that emits a glow aura
* Pulse Mines have a new mesh with FX
* Source Alpha on shaders and Tangent spaces on meshes updated to help prevent Nvidia's "black square bug" in Fallout3.
* Added small flame particle emitters to laser deaths: Ashes to ashes, Meteor, Disintigration, Flashfry, and 3rd Degree
* Added small green wisp emitter to death: Final Fizz, and Pimple
* Added large flame emitter to death: Flashfry
* Added refract shockwave to deths: Flashry, pimple, meteor
* Created a new dust/cinder emitter for all laser deaths
* Added new spark emitter for all pulse deaths
EVE 0.9.4 uploaded October 10th 2009
EVE Beta 0.9.4 Updates:
* Vengence is now the H&K L30 Gatling Laser!
* Smuggler's End is now the classic pulsing mesh from EVE 0.9.2
* Lasers and Plasma now have NEW custom impact effects!
* All optional laser and plasma weapon meshes are described
* Optional sound for Vengence in the soundfxwpnHKL30 folder
* New sounds for A3-21 Plasma
* New sounds for Plasma Pistol
* New sounds for FireLance
* New sounds for Protectrons Gaze
* New sounds for WazerWifle
* New sounds for robot's plasma
* New sounds for Protectron Robots
* New sounds for Laser Turrets