Download - 470.90 KB
Marina carpark Mod - release 3
patrickw [at] maltastart [dot] com
This mod makes the Marina a buyable asset ($1000). Once you purchase it, the underground carpark is transformed into a fully operational garage where you can store upto 40 vehicles. The marina replaces the apartment building across ken's office as a buyable asset.
For the rest, the game is completely original.
As with all main.scm mods, the save games are not compatible with the original, so you have to start all over. Backup your original savegames if needed.
- backup the original main.scm in your GTA:VC data directory
- replace the original main.scm with the new one.
- start GTA:VC and begin a new game
All feedback is welcome on either:
- www.gtaforums.com vicecity mission-mods showroom
- email: patrickw [at] maltastart [dot] com
The following Issues were solved in release 2:
- The new marina save-point can now safely be used, also with a full garage
- Police-cars are no longer locked when placed in garage
- Secondary colors are now also preserved correctly
The following Issues were solved in release 3:
- Less random traffic on streets when driving cars out of the carpark
A couple of weeks after starting GTA mission-modding, I ran into the limitation of maximum 4 vehicles per garage, and only one spare garage ID left. Therefore I tried to recreate the normal garage functionality with home-made scripting. This is the fruit of my work, and it works pretty well if i may say so. The only thing that I would really like to add, is the preservation of special immunities of cars and car-variations, but the opcodes to sniff the immunities/variations for a vehicle are yet to be discovered.
I'll donate this code to the gta modding scene. With proper credit everyone car use this code for their own projects. It allows you to build as many garages as you like (at a certain storage-cost), and to support as many vehicles as you like (at a certain storage/performance-cost upto 40 in each garage). note: the engine seems only able to have loaded 40 car models at a time.
The source-code (BW's Vice builder v1.3 format) is available on request.