Download - 23.71 KB
This mod requires NVSE, which is still a Beta. Expect this mod to be updated as NVSE is.
This mod adds a system for changing the firing mode of your projectile weapons with a streamlined interface in the HUD. You'll hold the E key (default) for the menu to appear beside the crosshair, then left/right click to change your selection. This allows you to very quickly go from full-auto to semi-auto/burst without breaking your attention from the surroundings.
When firing an automatic in burst mode, the weapon's spread will be reduced; in semi-auto it will be reduced even more.
Weapons are placed into categories based on which fire modes they can have. All of the weapons included in the standard New Vegas are already categorized. There are also several optional plugins that allow weapons from popular mods with a large amount of new weapons to be added into the appropriate categories.
The following categories are available in the initial release:
Safe - Automatic
Safe - Single
Safe - Single - Automatic
Safe - Automatic - Single
Safe - Single - Burst(3)
Safe - Single - Burst(3) - Automatic
Safe - Single - Burst(2) - Automatic
Single - Safe - Automatic
Safe - Single - Double(Shotguns)
None (For weapons not having a selector)
There are also many settings available which are controlled by global variables. See the Readme.txt for details.
* Fallout New Vegas
* New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE)
* Mouse and Keyboard
* When firing an automatic in burst/semi-auto, the weapon spread is modified. This lasts only as long as you are firing, but will have the same effect on any other user of the weapon during that time.
* Selection memory occurs per weapon FormID. If you set one to burst mode, any others you have with the same FormID will also be set to burst mode. (Note: This does not affect NPCs.)
* This mod does not currently alter shooting in VATS.
* There are no conflicts with other mods known so far.
* If your mod does not have a Selective Fire optional plugin for adding weapons to categories, see the "How to mod with Selective Fire" file to make your own. (You may not find this necessary, as Safe-Single-Auto is now default for automatics not already in a specific category.)
* This mod requires you to modify your hud_main_menu.xml file. Unified HUD Project now supports this mod. Details are also given in the Readme.txt for manual modification.
* This mod is not to be redistributed by anyone. If your mod uses Selective Fire as a master, provide a link to this page.
* 1.00 (02/08/2011) - Initial release
* 1.01 (02/09/2011) - Small fix for burst fire; semi-auto rate of fire increase; added more UI settings; added mouse key setting; default for automatics now S-1-A