Download - 56.10 KB
The FOOK Team
Name: FOOK - New Vegas
Category: Gameplay Effects and Changes
Requirements: Fallout: New Vegas
Author(s): The FOOK Team
FOOK - the Fallout Overhaul Kit - is a complete overhaul of FO3, adding hundreds of new items, high quality retextures and many new gameplay features to the base Fallout 3 game. All items are completely rebalanced and fully integrated into the game and the mod has support for all of the Fallout 3 DLCs.
FOOK - New Vegas is exactly what it says on the tin. It is the New Vegas version of the overhaul.
FOOK was originally a compilation of community meshes and textures; consequently, FOOK-NV does not have too much new content yet. Rest assured that we will add more unique content, including new weapons and items, as the New Vegas modding community produces them and give us permission to use them.
FOOK was a learning experience for the entire team. We've taken the lessons we've learned from Fallout 3 and have transferred them over to FOOK-NV. So if you had bad experiences with FOOK in the past, give FOOK-NV a chance. You might find yourself pleasantly surprised.
Parts of that ReadMe were written by non-native English speakers, so please overlook those little errors ;)
We will take great effort to ensure that all additions and changes to the game world are fully lore-compliant, both within New Vegas itself, and within the greater Fallout universe.
This release introduce the first Legacy objects. They are from Fallout 3 and use vanilla New Vegas ressources. They are all perfectly introduced (can be transported by Mojave Express, will be noticed by the Casino bouncers, are upgraded by perks like Plasma Spaz and The Professional, etc.)
"Legacy" Content can be found in two mailboxes in Doc Mitchell's house in Goodsprings.
* Outcast T-45d Power Armor added. It uses the same stats as the normal T-45d Power Armor. It use the same decals and textures as in vanilla Fallout 3 and behave exactly like other T-45ds.
* Rivet City Security Uniform added. It uses the same look as the Van Graff Combat Armor, but is lighter in Weight, Value, Health and DT. It also count as a Light Armor, so good for the Travel Light Perk.
* Tunnel Snakes Outfit added. It uses the same stats as the Kings Outfit and can be repaired with it.
* Brotherhood T-45d Power Armor has been fixed to use a Power Armor audio template and to have Ragdoll Constraints like the normal T-45d Power Armor.
* Combat Armor has been fixed to use a Medium audio template instead of a Heavy one.
* The black Combat Armor has been renamed "Van Graff Combat Armor" instead of just "Combat Armor", now use a Medium audio template and can be used to repair other Combat Armors.
* Van Graff Combat Armor (quest item) has been renamed "Van Graff Issued Armor", given ground bounds and reduced its DT to 15 (like all normal Combat Armors).
* Kings Outfit has been edited to be repairable with other Kings Outfits and now use the Tunnel Snake Outfit icon.
* "Leather Armor, Reinforced" has been renamed "Leather Armor (Reinforced)".
* Normal T-45d Power Armor now have Army decals instead of Brotherhood one.
* MPLX Novasure plasma pistol added :) It is based on the New Vegas one, but still has the same upgrade coefficent than in Mothership Zeta (x3 damages, x2 Weight, etc.).
* A Map Marker has been added to the crashed plane near the Nipton Road Pit Stop. It's called "Crashed Airliner".
Vanilla Bug Fixing:
--Cells and Worldspacs
* Added a workbench in the Nellis Mess Hall & Munitions Storage. Strangely, it had the right navmeshes, workbench marker and all, even items on it, it was just missing.
* Northern "Freeside" Worldspace renamed "Freeside North".
* 7 Items have been moved around in the whole world because they had bad collisions settings or in a wrong place.
* 21 Static Objects like trees, street tiles, ground litter, terminals and other furnitures were moved around not to clip with other surrouding similar objects.
--Creatures & NPCs
* All plain "Convicts" renamed to "Escaped Convicts" to fit with the already existing "Escaped Convicts / Escaped Convict Leader".
* Nipton's dead "Wastelanders" renamed "Nipton Residents".
* No less than 29 NPCs and 28 creatures that spawns already dead can't respawn anymore ("resurrecting deads" were a classic bug in Fallout 3).
* The Mister Gutsy in the Nipton "tinker" House cant respawn anymore once killed.
* The Kings Gang Members guarding the Freeside North guate wont have silent dialogs anymore.
* Fixed the NCR Guard dogs at one of the HELIOS One terminal being Very Agressive to everyone, including NCR friends.
--Dialogs, Notes and Terminals
* Fixed a dozen of Notes in various parts of the Strip to be player-owned (no more karma loss for "stealing" those).
* Replaced the powerless terminals in the Las Vegas Boulevard Station and the Military Police HQ with powered ones.
* Fixed a typo in the Vault 21 Guest Terminal (asfartame -> aspartame).
* Fixed a typo in Private Sexton dialogs.
* Fixed a typo in the "Can I Tell Him? A Poseidon Energy Publication for New Employees" pamphlet.
* Fixed a typo in Chris Haversam's dialogs.
* Fixed a typo in George's dialogs.
* Several "strip" instances have been fixed into "Strip".
* Mayor Steyn's Terminal (Nipton) will have the right titles associated with the right notes now. Also removed a leftover script reference to the Helios One questline.
* People with Gauss Rifle will now always spawn with at least one Microfusion Cell.
* It was before possible for people to spawn with only a reinforced Combat Helmet rather than a reinforced Combat Armor.
* Dog & Coyote Hide now has a Weight of 1, like the Gecko Hide.
* "Dinky the T-Rex Souvenir" item renamed "Dinky the T. Rex Souvenir" to be scientifically correct.
* Jean Sky Diving's "Key"is now called, well ... "Jean Sky Diving Key".
* There are two kinds of "Lottery Ticket" (same look, unstackable, one with a value of 10 and one with a value of one). The valuable ones have been renamed "Lottery Ticket (Unscratched)".
* Ash Piles and Goo Piles will be deleted on their mother cell's reset (classic F3 bug once again).
* Shotgun trap will now always grant you a shotgun when deactivated.
* Mailbox and Baby Carriages traps fixed to check if your skill is equal or above the required skill rather than just above.
Fallout: New Vegas
1. Download and extract the files to a temporary location.
3. Copy files to (install folder)Fallout New VegasData. By default, this is likely to be Program FilesSteamSteamappsCommonFallout New VegasData.
4. Start New Vegas Launcher, click 'Data Files', place a checkmark beside the .esm file.
5. Arrange load order. FalloutNV.esm must go first. Without a New Vegas version of the Fallout Mod Manager, it should be okay as long as you don't use other mods.
1. Start the New Vegas Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esm file.
No known issues so far, please let us know if you find any.
0.12, 10/25/2010 - More vanilla bug fixing
0.11, 10/20/2010 - More vanilla bug fixing, new Legacy item (Outcast T-45d Power Armor).
0.1, 10/20/2010 - More vanilla bug fixing, new Legacy items introduced (Rivet City Security Uniform, Tunnel Snakes Outfit, MPLX Novasurge).
0.0, 10/19/2010 - Quickfix release, fixing little bugs discovered while playing the game.
The Nexus page will only be used for general info. More detailed info and all downloads can be found on the FOOKUNITY website and especially our download page.
Please try to use the Nexus comment thread only for rating and basic comments. For all general discussion, technical support, and other things, please use the FOOKUNITY forums. We will continue to check the Nexus comments but primarily to point users to the forums when appropriate.