Login to Download - 100.25 MB
Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront II 1.2 Patch
To install, run installer; to uninstall, run uninstaller on start menu. If you don't like the hud, run GET_RID_OF_HUD.bat in \Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\DATA No need to move lvls, it won't delete your original lvls, it will rename them out of the way. You can still use Zerted's common.lvl for freecam, an ingame.lvl with fakeconsole is on the way (60% done).
This "patch" (technically is a mod) will overhaul some of the game's assets, while keeping online compatibility with the previous version. This is basically just meant to clean up some of the mess Pandemic left behind as they rushed to get the game out. Some of the main changes are the new hud, new weapons, accurate chunk models, skin fixes, and extra effects (such as environment mapping). Hopefully this will make the game a more enjoyable and immersing experience when playing offline or online (it remains compatible online while still offering a variety of new features for gameplay).
Does it work online?
How do I install it?
-Run the installer exe and make sure the filepath points to your \Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\DATA folder
Does it work with other mods?
-It'll work with mod maps, the Conversion Pack, and possibly the +123. It however will not work with mods similar in nature to BFX.
I hate the hud.
-So go to \Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\DATA and run GET_RID_OF_HUD.bat It will revert it back to the original shipped hud. If you change your mind, run RESTORE_HUD.bat in the same place.
Why didn't you add new weapons?
-That would crash your game online, which is not good. So I was limited to certain things that I could do.
Why didn't you _______?
-There are some things that would ruin online compatibility, and others I just didn't have the time to address. Keep in mind that this is a "hobby," and required hundreds of hours on my part to produce.
General Visual Gameplay Changes
* New HUD
* Implemented a new mine effect, which lags less online.
* Spark texture is now more towards white, not orange.
* Added wind to cloth, capes flutter.
* Added cockpits from BF1.
* Tweaked laser textures, and increased lighting radius.
* Voice over errors mostly gone from the modtool log (modders only).
New Weapon Models
* EE-3 Rifle
* T-21 Rifle
* Westar 34 Pistol
* Leia's Sporting Blaster
* Arc Caster
* Sonic Pistol
* DH-17 Pistol
* A280 Rifle
* A290 Rifle
* Kylan Pistol
* DC-15s Carbine
* DC-15s Commando Pistol
* DC-15 (from a JKA mod)
* DC-15 Shotgun
* E-11 Shotgun
* Flechette Shotgun
* ACP Shotgun
* Accurate lightsabers
* DC-17 Pistol
* ARC Rifle
* 501st Commander is now accurate to Episode III.
* 1st person views for 501st are completely corrected.
* New skins for all Republic troops.
* Glitch in Obi-Wan's cloth texture fixed.
* SBD is reflection-mapped (is shiney).
* Stormtrooper is reflection-mapped (is shiney).
* SBD chunks are fixed.
* Magnaguard chunks are fixed.
* Droideka has new sheild texture.
* Jango Fett has a new skin and jetpack effect.
* Boba Fett has a new jetpack effect.
* Changed Imperial Officer to Fleet officer.
* Changed Imperial Engineer to the tank gunner (the former imperial officer).
* Added a cape to the magnaguard.
* Clone Marine added for Space mode
epSharpshooter - Asset creation/overall mod compilation
Syth - Jango and accessories, big help
GCMOD Team - Weapon models
Pahricida - dc15 rifle
OOM-9 - dc15s
Fragme! - commando pistol fixed it at least from ML Kashyyyk,
Jawa Killer - ML kashyyk assets with help from dragonum
Maveritchell - Much needed help
Trainmaster611 - less laggy mine effect
Broken_Hope - Saber hilts
Challenger - Marine skin
MasterSaitek009 - Fixed dooku
Commander_Keller - 501st first person skins
Conversion Pack - RC pistol
THIS MOD IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.