Login to Download - 152.00 MB
This is my attempt to change NPCS in Fallout 3. I have redesigned their facial structure to give them a more natural appearance, as well as to preserve their character as well. It removes some of the awkward skin tones, and facial structures of the Vanilla versions.
Before downloading this, download this first.
Next, please download the "INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD THIS MOD" manual and read it carefully.
I did my best to make sure that most questions were addressed. Again, please read the manual for clarification, as it is very helpful for you. You may find that the answers you may have are somewhere within that manual.
This mod is for your own personal use only. You may not redistribute any of the contents in this package, or re release any of the contents, without my permission, or in the immortal words of Samuel L. Jackson, "I will strike down upon thee with great anger and furious vengeance." You may however edit it to your pleasing, so as long as you don't re-release without my permission. By downloading this file you agree to these terms.
What exactly does this mod change?
Rather than listing every NPC that was changed, you will need to take my word that nearly 500 NPCs have been redesigned in Fallout 3. Everything from children, Talon Mercs, women, men, Raiders, named NPCs, the random straggler walking on the side of the road, etc.
I am an avid fan of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 and this has helped me in making the characters fit the lore of Fallout 3. I also have had experience in the past with character design and with portrait drawing and this has helped me a tad with figuring out the right proportions for characters in Fallout 3.
My general rule of thumb:
If there was a face that had to be fixed, I saw it. And I tried my best to fix it. I may not have succeeded but I saw it and I tried to fix it.
Installation directions are on the manual.
If you have suggestions to improve upon some of the character designs, please let me know and I can make changes in the next version.
2. This mod doesn't work with _________ mod.
Check the Compatibility section on the "Updates". I have been working with SpaceOden who has made my mod to be compatible with others out there.
3. I'm getting pink eyes or I'm getting pink eyelashes!
Purple eyes/purple tongue/purple eyelashes means you are missing textures. It is one of three reasons.
a) You have a different copy of Fallout 3 (Steam Version) or you have a different copy of Windows.
If you link the textures to the right folder it will work.
Try making a duplicate folder (for testing purposes) at this EXACT folder location and copy the associated textures:
Program FilesBethesda SoftworksFallout 3DataTextures
That way, GECK will link to it.
b) You have another mod that is using eyelashes and that may be causing a conflict. Try temporarily running PB by itself and see what mod is causing the conflict.
c) Archive Invalidated isn't working correctly. Sometimes unchecking it and then checking it will fix the problem.
3. Help! I don't see the folders listed here! I don't have a "Textures" folder
I don't have "headhuman" files. Or...I don't have a "Female" folder.
If it's not there, you add it. Just right-click, and click "Add New folder" and title it as the way it should be labeled.
Make sure that at the end the directory is:
Bethesda Softworks/Fallout 3/Data/Textures/characters/female
Whatever you do, do not delete the main textures.bsa files.
4. Help! I installed the hair textures and meshes exactly as you said, but it's STILL not showing up in my game? How come the hair isn't showing up on my ladies?
Oh, and another thing. You have to add your own hairstyles to the characters. I provided you with directions on how to do so. I did this because some people may want one style and another person might want another so I thought it best to just teach you how to add it.
5. Ok, I've downloaded everything. I installed everything correctly, but I'm getting characters with white faces but black skin.
Verify that you downloaded ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated. That should fix the problem.
6. Will this work with body mods?
This will work with most body mods. This is because this is a face mod. It should work with Dimonized Type 3, Malos, Type V, etc. But it will not work with other face mods. For example, Josef Grey's makeup textures or Dimonized faces.
7. I have some problems with hair meshes or hair textures not showing up on the men.
I took them out because they are not lore-friendly. But you can download them here:
In what order do I load the mods?
* Project Beauty HD version.esm - After Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm, as early as possible USE ONLY Project Beauty HD version.esm OR Project Beauty.esp NOT BOTH
* PB mika.esm - anywhere, use instead of original mika.esp
* Project Beauty.esp - As early as possible USE ONLY Project Beauty HD version.esm OR Project Beauty.esp NOT BOTH
* Original Moira Brown.esp - right after Project Beauty.esp
* Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp - right after Project Beauty.esp
* Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp - right after Project Beauty.esp
* PB FOOK2 - Main.esp - Right after FOOK2 - Main.esp
* PB FOOK2 [DIK].esp - Right after FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.esp
* PB MMM.esp - Right after Mart's Mutant Mod.esp only use with non-HD version
* PB MMM HD.esp - Right after Mart's Mutant Mod.esp only use with HD version
* Project Beauty- Point Lookout MMM.esp - right after Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp
8. Any other questions.....