Download - 309.41 KB
Tweak Oblivion 5.10
This program will let you edit the Oblivion.ini file with ease. You can also make backups and restores so you can experiment easily (the backup is a XML file). The .NET 2.0 Framework is required.
It also has a description for some key fields explaining what they do. You can add new descriptions by right-clicking an item and selecting "Set Key Description".
Now the interface files can be edited too as long as they are *valid* XML. Those who make interface mods could make a configuration file to edit the interface too. A sample configuration file (Interface.txkeys, based on DarN's interface file), is in the TweakOblivion directory.
Go to Help->Contents and it will list all the menu options and what they do.
Just run the install program.
- Bug fix, when you tried to run it and Oblivion was not installed properly it would crash because the registry key didn't exist. If this happens now it will ask for the Oblivion directory.
- Fixed bug when writing XML files, I was writing valid XML but the Bethesda XML parser didn't liked it (didn't liked attributes with single quotes)
- Many internal changes
- Formatting on XML Files was lost when saving interface files. Now the formatting is retained.
- Some inner changes for future options. :)
- Enabled INI key descriptions updating through web
- Fixed bug with profile editing. When adding a boolean value to a profile it was added as True/False instead of 1/0.
- Added Skycaptain's Background Tweaks to profiles
- Added column sorting for profiles. Fixed extension and description for Interface Sample File.
- Fixed another bug in file editor (this time is Bethesda's fault :) ), for some reason when looking for files Bethesda assumes the file system is case sensitive, even though it's not. So I now capitalize the first letter in each directory (yuck!).
- Fixed bug in file editor, added extra in the file path
- Added File editor to interface config file
- Problems saving XML files for the interfaces, fixed
- Problems renaming Profiles fixed
- Now works on Windows for X64 (thanks to McDexter for telling me)
- Restore defaults wasn't working correctly.
- If you reload the INI, it will duplicate the entry in the XML tree tab (cosmetic bug)
- Started working in preview (again)
Rewrite means new bugs :(
- Fixed internationalization
- Fixed Profiles (they couldn't be enabled, never assume :))
- Fixed problem loading hints, INI file
Full rewrite. Now .NET 2.0 is required to run.
Changed the Interface file format, now it is also an XML file (the INI format was getting messy) the program will automatically convert old formats to the new XML format
The program won't give an error when you set the Oblivion.ini as read only, it will save anyway.
There's a new option in the file menu, 'Make Oblivion.INI read-only', after it saves it will make the INI read-only.
Fixed some bugs in the key editing (Thanks to templarfx for noticing)
In the 'Disable Intro Movies' the main menu intro, wasn't it is now (Thanks to Midnight Voyager for noticing)
Added text editing to the interface keys (added DataType=string option)
Started working in the HUD preview functions (There no promises this will work :)), the bitmap displayed is in the TweakOblivion directory, edit c:/windows/TweakOblivion.ini if you want another image.
4.15 - 4.16
More changes to the Interface file options to make things easier
4.12 - 4.11
Changes to the menus, Interface options.
Ok this deserves a full version jump. Editing of the interface files (XML files must be valid XML). Had to remove the key descriptions because the owner of TweakGuides complained about it. If you have the file, don't delete it, it will still work. I just can't supply it. Changed backup format, old backups don't work but are easy to fix (remove the 'tweak_oblivion', and 'Oblivion' tags from the file, leave all the 'section' tags in).
Well, BTMod editing files work (if you fix the XML files to be valid XML of course), can set transparency to compass background and compass frame.
Removed the option to use the mouse scroll to change ini values (many tried to scroll and changed values by accident)
Can load profiles from the internet
First try to edit interface files (BTMod) disabled by default only 1 Value is changed after all I'm just testing
Rewrote most of the program (adding stuff was becoming problematic) now is more modular
Fixed the profiles interface, now looks more organized and cand detect what profiles you have enabled.
Added Groups to profiles (now they can be group according to what they do)
Export/Import tweaper package (including groups too)
More changes to the profiles,
Not only you can import,you can also export all the profiles as a Tweaper package
Changes to the Profiles menus and options
Can now import the Oblivion.gdt Tweaper package (http://www.tweaper.com) and add it to the profiles
Some bugs and interface features fixed
Added most profiles mentioned in http://www.atomicmpc.com.au
Profiles - you can create,import,export profiles
Keys and sections are sorted now
Bug when editing hints in 'Group by data type' mode.
Added filter to find specific keys
Added 'Group by Section', 'Group by Data Type', and 'Restore Defaults'
Added option to download a hints file (with key descriptions) from a website.
Added resize when 'Show XML Tree' checked or unchecked.
Internationalization problems fixed
Fawzib Rojas f_rojas [at] spectron-msim [dot] com