Download - 633.82 KB
What's new ?
Sept. 18 2010 : My login on BSN is now OK, maybe it was a temporary problem... But my suggestion to use discussion to bugreport is already good.
Sept. 13 2010 : Seems Bioware banned Natural Bodies and my account on their network ( hey, BW guys, explains please ! ). SO I will able to support DragonBlender only in the Nexus. Use the discussion tab to ask about specific problems with the tool. Leave comments free of bug report or help, and use the discussion instead.
- Sept. 12 2010 : I've released a fix for 0.20, with the working features currently available at this time. The next step will be 1.00, planned for late October.
- Mar. 30 2010 : DragonBlender 0.20 is in late, and I have many things to do at the side. I released the things working quite well : MSH,MMH and Package tools. Since I'm working on a all-in one tool, they are in rewriting phase and some new features will come when 0.20 will be released. Animations will also be included in 0.21 version ( 0.20 will have only model editing abilities to speed up the dev).
- Feb. 08 2010 : I've posted a modelling walkthrough to help people using DragonBlender 0.11.
- Feb. 07 2010 : 0.20 beta 1 is online. Report bugs to author with a screenshot of Blender console, please.
Please note that only MSH tool is in testing at this time.
- Jan. 17 2010 : 0.11 final release is uploaded. It includes some new features. Next release will be 0.20, with at least 80% rewrited code for better import-export.
- Dec. 12 2009 : 0.10 Release version is online.
3 tools are provided:
- MSH Tool : A mesh editor to load or create meshes in msh files
- Package Tool : A ERF/RIM package extractor or creator
- MMH Tool : An importer for MMH hierarchy and skeletons
These tools are included into "DragonAge_Tools_020.blend", a ready-to-work Blender file.
Tools are made near user-friendly. See the tooltips, the UI infos in dark red and [?] button to see what to do.
Blender 2.49b , free download at http://www.blender.org
Python 2.6 , free download at http://www.python.org
( If your Dragon Age toolset doesn't work with Python 2.6, see the Python 2.5 fix folder )
- Extract all files on your disk
- Launch the "DragonAge_Tools_020.blend" with Blender
- To start, launch the upper script (Tools_Manager.py) by right-click on it and "Execute Script"
- Refer to the lower text and "Modelling_Walkthrought" to have an idea of the possibilities on using the script.
Files needed in the same folder than the blend file using any of the tool:
- lang_default.txt ( or other language files )
The *.py files are provided only if you want to run them directly into one of your already-made blender file.
- Imported objects are zero-centered, because msh files doesn't contains object location or position, only geometry.
- Textures, hierarchy and skeletons are not imported ( msh files only deals with geometry )
- Bounding boxes are not updated. Clipping may appears if geometry differs a lot from original.
- Feature is disabled ( need to modify mmh files to take into account the name modifications, ... )
- Only 10 files are listed. Use the Go Up / Go Down buttons to see the other files.
Mods using it
Natural Bodies by NewByPower : http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=221
( New bodies without underwear )
Scripts : See in code
Manual : Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 France