Download - 9.02 KB
This mod changes a bit gameplay with the intention of making it more balanced. In my opinion there are some abilities that are clearly superior to others, some questionable concepts and some paths that are less enjoyable. I've tried to correct it.
This mod will be in continue evolution and please provide feedback.
- Attacks will do damage to multiple enemies from the start. You will do only 25% damage to targets around, however. If you take whirl the damage will increase by +25% and +50% (for the total original damage of 100%).
- Slighty faster vigor regeneration in combat (was 10%, it is now 15%). Also if the increase may seem negligible it is not, because bonuses (as Schemer) are based on a percentual.
- Reduced vigor spent on blocking by 50%. With bonuses you can reach only 15% vigor spent. This will make block more feasible also against group of enemies.
- Riposte 2: adds 25% chance of generating an automatic counterattack. This way this upgrade makes much more sense and it is more powerful and makes blocking in groups more worthwhile.
- Quen damage absorbtion reduced to 75% (was 100% in original). This doesn't mean that you will get damaged while having Quen (I tried doing it but for now I've not found a way) but that if you take damage the time the effect last will be much reduced from original. This means that you cannot now no more cast Quen and go against a full group of enemies and hack & slash your way through, because Quen will now expire very fast and you will die also very fast (above all on hard and insane) doing it. So the ability is now no more "cheap" as it was before and you will have still to approach the combat tactically when using it.
- Upgrades to Igni now increases basic and incineration damage. Igni as it was in the original was very powerful, but only on endgame with a dedicated build. The moment the ability actually caused strong damage the game was almost to end. Now, instead, it becomes good much faster and the upgrades actually do something (before they only increased range apart the 2nd giving an AoE effect).
- Upgrades to Aard now increases knockdown/stun chance. Aard was very good also in the original but I found it odd that the upgrades didn't increase its effects. In this way the ability becomes more powerful and magic builds are much more effective.
In this first version I wanted to make magic builds more effective, make it so that Quen was not so overpowered (I can still balance the ability further) and giving the possibility of hitting multiple enemies without taking an ability (so that, again, you don't have to rely on Quen or always hit and run so much at beginning against group of enemies).
Extract the archive in the game directiory.