Download - 6.78 KB
Author: jwvanderbeck (Beyond Ferelden)
Floats the name of placeables, and optionally creatures, above the object similiar to what holding the TAB key does.
Makes placeables, and optionally creatures, highlighted by floating the object's name above it.
This AddIn can be configured by adding options to the DragonAge.ini file. By default this file is located in:
`My Documents\Bioware\Dragon Age\Settings\DragonAge.ini`
Open the file and at the very end of the file paste the following text:
Set ShowCreatures to 1 if you want creatures to be highlighted as well.
Set ShowTags to 1 to see the item's internal game tag. This is useful for modders.
Set distance to how many meters away you want to highlight objects. Farther distances may affect perfrmance!
Set duration to how long you want the name about placeables to remain before refreshing. See note below.
NOTE: The AddIn will not display the name over placeables that have nothing inside them to loot. However, when you loot the items out of a placeable, the name will still be floating above it until such time as the name is "refreshed" by the script. By default this is every 45 seconds, which means you are usually gone. If you want placeables you loot to have their name dropped more quickly, you can set the duration much lower. However, lower settings will cause the name to drop for a few seconds between refreshes.
Installation using DAModder is **highly** recommended, as it provides for easy 1-click installation and uninstallation. You can find DAModder here:
1. Drag & Drop the ZIP file you downloaded onto DAModder.
1. Unzip the ZIP file you downloaded.
2. Use DAUpdater.exe (located in your Dragon Age install directory, in the bin_ship subdirectory) and select the DAZip file.
3. Select the AddIn in the list and click install.
4. Once the progress says "Installed.", exit DAUpdater and run the game.
You can uninstall this mod using DAModder.
This mod should be fully compatible with the base game.
##Known Issues or Bugs
Due to the way this mod operates, there are some quirks you should be aware of. Names over creatures will "refresh" themselves every 8-10 seconds, and you will se a mommentary pop of the name. Also, over placeables such as chests, the game does not allow more than one bit of text to appear, so this means that only the name from Auto Highlight will appear. Any other messages, such as the floating text that would tell you the lock is unpickable, will not display. There is nothing I can do to fix these issues.
* v1.3 (12/21/2009) Updated for game version 1.02, and rebuilt in toolset 1.01
* v1.2 (11/25/2009) Two new INI settings added. ShowHero and ShowFollowers.
* v1.2 (11/25/2009) Fixed AddIn blocking trap detection routines. Rogues should detect traps again.
* v1.2 (11/25/2009) Fixed bug with INI settings not working after first load. Whenever a new game is started, or a save game is loaded, new values will be read from the INI
* v1.1 (11/23/2009) Rewrote core code for much more robust handling of objects.
* v1.1 (11/23/2009) Information objects like books and scrolls should now highlight.
* v1.1 (11/23/2009) Static objects that give items like Herbs should now highlight.
* v1.0 (11/22/2009) Initial release.
You can find me as "jwvanderbeck" on DAMods & Dragon Age Nexus
My blog about Dragon Age modding, called Beyond Ferelden, is at http://dragonagemodding.wordpress.com
Credit is always due to Bioware for making such awesome games, and giving us the tools to bring our imaginations to life inside them.
Please do not upload this mod to any websites without my permission. Contact me and I will be glad to give you permission.
Use this mod at your own risk, I take no responsibility for anything that results from its use.