Download - 25.09 MB
This mod adds a number of new weapons to the Elder Scrolls Oblivion game.
Most commonly asked questions and their answers:
1. Q: Where can I buy the sabres?
A: I added a map to the screenshots. It's west of Cheydinhal, north of the Barren Cave.
2. Q: Where can I find the armor and are there more items than just the gloves and the coat?
A: The armor can be found on the cupboard in the same cottage where you can buy the sabres (see Q1). It only consists of the gloves and the coat.
3. Q: Why does he sell nothing/only x sabres? Where is the rest?
A: His sell list is based on a leveled list which means for each material you have to reach a certain level (see below for exact level requirements). There is also a certain randomness to his sell list. He will never sell all sabres at once, wait a few days for his wares to restock/change.
4. Q: Why does he not sell offhand weapons?
A: There are no dedicated offhand weapons. You can buy a normal mainhand weapon and switch it to the offhand using the Swap Active Weapon spell you automatically get when you buy or pick up one of my weapons. Only the following weapons can be swapped to be used in the offhand: knives, short sabres and the high level scimitars.
5. Q: The weapons are too strong, can't you make them less powerful?
A: No, but you can yourself with the new ingame menu (v371+). Just type "startquest AEWMenu" into the console (close the console again) and chose the power of all the scripted enchantments yourself (Hithlain/Ithildin/Bladeweaver/Gwilith and all weapons starting with 'Ayleid').
New in this version:
- Removed the scripted +10 blade skill buff on the Bladeweaver. Instead I added a spell that significantly buffs the player's speed, blade and block when a critical hit occurs. Applies to the Bladeweaver and Gwilith.
- Cleaned up some scripts.
- Removed the ability to slay all 'evil' from the damage scripts. Elite-Weapons (Bladeweaver, Warden, Ranger etc.) may now only slay Daedra when they strike critically. The Bladeweaver and Gwilith are untouched by this change.
New in 3.71:
- Ingame Menu to set the strength of the scripted enchantments. Open the console and type "startquest AEWMenu" to get the ingame menu (note: you have to close the console for the menu to appear).
New in 3.70:
- Bows now come either enchanted or unenchanted as well. They use the same simple (i.e. critical hits, but no instant kill) damage enchantments as the blades.
- The longblades that can be found in the various ruins are now unique. They are recognizable by the 'fine' prefix and as the prefix
says they are a bit more durable, a bit faster and deal slightly more damage than their more crude counterparts. They are not enchanted however because I think most people still like to enchant them themselves.
- The Ceremonial Bows are now only called Lonbows due to name length reasons ;).
New in 3.65:
- Added a few textures for the (low level) scimitars, or more precisely for their scabbards. In the previous version they all shared one texture, namely the black one.
- Fixed an issue with the Ranger Warblade pointing to the wrong .nif file (thanks to Cru for reporting this!)
- Fixed a bug in the scripts where the Courtblades would not be removed from the players inventory correctly when using the swap spell, thanks to pharzuph from the official forums!
- Refined the arrows slightly. They should now be more glossy and the arrowhead has been revamped and got a better texture with a small engraving. I hope you like it.
Sabre versions sorted by damage value/size:
- 2-handed Longblades
- 1-/2-handed Warblades
- 1-handed Scimitars (+offhand)
- 2-handed Long Sabres
- 1-/2-handed Courtblades
- 1-/2-handed Sabres
- 1-/2-handed Scimitars
- 1-handed Short Sabres (+offhand)
- 1-handed Knives (+offhand)
Note: There are no offhand versions for sale. You have to buy a 'normal' version and swap it to the offhand using the new spell 'Swap Active Weapon'. If the auto-unequip script doesn't work after you swapped a weapon this way, simply un- and reequip the offhand once.
Bow versions sorted by damage value:
Warbow - slowest and strongest
Longbow - slower but stronger
Bow - normal speed and damage
Shortbow - fastest but weakest
High-Level material sets sorted by damage value/level:
- Royal: level 35+ ivory/gold
- Blademaster: level 33+ black/silver
- Bladeweaver: level 31+ black/silver
- Ranger: level 29+ green/greensilver
- Guardian: level 27+ blue/silver
- Warden: level 25+ wood/gold
+ Enchanted versions, all levels +5
+ Unique Warblade 'Gwilith' and Unique Longblade 'Bladeweaver'
Regular material sets sorted by damage value:
- Royal: level 30+ ivory/gold
- Ebony: level 25+ black/silver
- Cloud: level 20+ blue/silver
- Tree: level 15+ redish wood/gold
- White: level 10+ white/(greenish) gold
- Elm: level 5+ elmwood/black
+ Enchanted versions, all level requirements +5
+ two unique long sabres 'Hithlain' and 'Ithildin' with subtle glowing runeblades and special scripted enchantment
They do not replace existing weapons so the mod should be compatible with pretty much everything. Only if someone else modified the Ayleid Ruins I used as well it may happen that you won't find anything there... depending on which mod has priority.
- Extract the contents of the .zip/.rar/.7z file into your Oblivion/Data folder
- Enable the modfile "Adonnays Elven Weaponry" in your Oblivion Launcher -> Data Files