Download - 5.55 MB
ACTORS IN CHARGE v0.8 (18-SEP-2006)
A little modification for
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion game.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
2. Installation, Upgrade & Removal instructions
5. Known Bugs/Issues/Compatibility
6. Credits & Contact
This mod adds a misc item (Actor's Ball) to PC inventory and lesser power spell (Director's Touch) to PC spells repository. Once activated/casted it shows the menu where you can pick one of 252 idle animations. Chosen animation should be performed by PC/NPC instantly. In vanilla game most of these animations were reserved for NPCs only and not for PC. And some of these were not possible to perform when flying camera mode was enabled. Your character can use such skills from now on and NPCs can play them at your will as well ;-]
In 'Actors In Charge' you can find following idle animations:
- activities (activate, check, drink, make potions, read, pray, use etc.),
- bed / bedroll anims (enter, exit, sleep),
- gestures (cheer, greet, point, talk, yield, etc.),
- postures (kneel, statue pose, speech etc.),
- vampire anims (sleep, feed),
- movement anims (walk, run, sneak, swim, dodge),
- creature anims (flame atronach, lich, spriggan)
- facial expressions (it changes look of PC/NPC face)
and many more...
All animations work in 3rd person mode only!
Don't try to use them in 1st person mode!
All these animations have not any conditions set that could prevent them from playing
in certain situations. You must experiment yourself to discover what's possible
and what's not. Well, make a new save, just in case ;-]
Note: With blessing from Xiamara herself I've incorporated all idle animations from 'Strike a Pose' mod into 'Actors In Charge'.
- Copy 'actors_in_charge.esp' and 'actors_in_charge.bsa' files into 'OblivionData' directory,
- In oblivion launcher choose 'Data Files' from the menu, and mark the checkbox close to file name you copied previously,
- Run the game, load your save, Actor's Ball and Director's Touch should be added automatically after a while.
UPGRADE FROM v0.7+
- Just replace 'actors_in_charge.esp' and 'actors_in_charge.bsa' files with new versions. It should work in most cases. If not, see upgrade instructions from v0.6 below.
UPGRADE FROM v0.6
- In oblivion launcher chose 'Data Files' from the menu and unmark the checkbox with previous version of Actors in Charge,
- Load your savegame (when the game will complain about missing content, click YES button)
- Save your game again and exit to windows,
- Perform the steps from INSTALLATION instructions above.
- Just delete 'actors_in_charge.esp' and 'actors_in_charge.bsa' files from 'Oblivion/Data' directory.
When you load a game with this mod enabled, after a while, a misc item (Actor's Ball) and lesser power spell (Director's Touch) should be added to your PC inventory and repository of spells. You can activate the ball from the inventory or you can bind it to any hotkey and initiate it in that way. As well, you can cast a spell on any NPC and companion. From the menu that will appear you can select animation to play or change emotions of your character's or NPC/companion face.
Many of these animations will play instantly but some of them will play only once and sometimes you must wait patiently for a while until they will end.
- Added to main menu SetAlert option that forces NPCs to draw their fists/weapon without changing their combat state.
Many animations (like kneeling with a sword) make some sense now ;-]
- Added 79 combat and movement animations. In vanilla game, many of these aren't possible to perform by PC
when flying camera mode is enabled.
- Added 50 creature animations. These are quite new for both, NPC and PC.
- Fixed minor issue when actor's amulet stays in NPCs inventories longer than expected (e.g. after their death ;-]).
It affects only those NPCs on whom you cast a spell.
- Overall number of idle animations increased up to 123,
- Included all (except one) animations from Xiamara and Aleanne's
'Strike a Pose' mod (with Xiamara's permission),
- Added 7 new 'mixing potion' animations with retextured bottles and retorts.
- Edited almost all animations with NifSkope.
They loop by themselves and not by scripts, now. That means you don't have to wait until they finish to reset them or to start the new animation.
These animations work in 3rd person mode only. Don't use them in 1st person mode or you'll get stuck. If some bad things will happen, try to speak with any NPC or reset the animations from the Actors in Charge menu. If those won't help, just save your game, exit to windows, and reload it again (quicksave/quickload not always works).
CREDITS & CONTACT & LAST WORDS
Credits given to:
- Xiamara and Aleanne for their 'Strike A Pose' mod. They cleared the path before me ;-]
- Many people from 'modding board' of TESForums for overall inspiration.
- Modders from TESCSWiki site and TESForums for some helpful solutions.
I've learned a lot from them.
:If you have any questions, comments, etc. related to this 'Actors in Charge' mod, mail me: trollf [at] gmail [dot] com or drop me some PM (nick Trollf) on official TESForums (http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/).
This mod is being provided as freeware. Please feel free to copy and distribute it or change its content to suit your personal desires. All I ask is that you don't claim/release it as your own and if you want to use part or all of it give me some credit for what I have done.
Thanks & Enjoy!
Keep smile and such... ;-]